Friday, December 1, 2017

EoTD: Modern Renaissance and Coastal Scents!

Hello hello!

Today I've continued by never-ceasing love of warm eyeshadows with a mostly-matte look. As I've noted before, I feel I've really narrowed down my eyeshadow preferences and have gotten a bit more capable.

Today I used Modern Renaissance, as well as the shade Pumpkin Pie from Coastal Scents. Pumpkin Pie was an instant favorite for me, because it is a bit darker compared to Angel Face from Coloured Raine, and so perfect to use as a transition, for a nice orange glow on the eyes.

Below I've swatched Angel Face (l) and Pumpkin Pie (r) for reference:


Coastal Scents is more known for their shimmers, but they do have some really excellent mattes, such as Pumpkin Pie. Before purchasing from Coastal Scents, I would do some research about which ones perform better than others.

And so here is the eyelook:



So this was my look by the end of the day, after about 10 hours.  We had Pumpkin Pie in the crease, Burnt Orange from MR on the lid and blended into the crease, and the outer corner I used Red Ochre. The only dud for me is Primavera, which I used in the inner corner. It did hold up, but applies patchy and is just an all-around annoying shimmer.

The eye primer I used was Wet 'n Wild, and I've already bought a back-up of it. Eyeliner was the usual Physician's Formula, and mascara was Essence Lash Princess in False Lash Effect. I don't seem to enjoy this as much as I did when I first opened it. Is that normal?

Anyway, I am pleased with the progress I am making on the Modern Renaissance, and I am also very pleased with Pumpkin Pie. After thinking about buying it for so long, I think it was a smart purchase.

Which makes me think of all the other Holy Grails in my collection- they were all things that I feel I did not get out impulse, which makes all the difference.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig