Sunday, December 10, 2017

Shiro Face Products Swatches and Thoughts! (updated with reviews)


My Shiro sample haul came in today! Which was surprisingly fast for a Black Friday order. My last experience with Shiro was okay. I still have the two matte eyeshadows from a year ago, but the highlighter is long gone.

For this order I wanted to try out some tried and true favorites from the brand. I did not want to get full size because I did not want to make the same mistake as last time, when I bought a full-size jar of product that I ended up not using.

These just came in today, so I can't offer a complete review. I'll post the swatches, as well as my initial thoughts.

As of this morning, I've had the opportunity to use most of these products on my face. My review on the products will be in the same font!





The top swatch (under the bruise) is the light grey contour, Do Your Research. I've never really tried a proper grey contour in the powder form, so I am excited to try this. I am pleased with how sheer it is- it really behaves as a shadow on the skin.

On the face, Do Your Research is an excellent contour for me. For reference, I wear shade 110 Porcelain in Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, and 1.0 P in the Ordinary Serum Foundation (mostly in the winter, in the summer that one is too light). To apply it on the face I used the Beaute Basics contour brush and just applied it to the hollows of my cheeks. I don't contour a lot, but I am interested in it, as I do have a round face, but I want to avoid drawing obvious streaks on my face. I found that the end result was very subtle and natural. I would buy a full size of this. 

Second one down is the bronzer Milk Chocolate Frog. The first thing that surprised me was the golden shimmer. Immediately, I drew parallels to Too Faced's newest golden bronzer product. It was very easy to blend on the skin, and I do think this will work nicely.

Trying to apply this as I would normally do with bronzer was a bit difficult. I poured some out of the baggy onto a clean flat surface, and then took my fluffy brush and dabbed it into the product, aiming to get an even enough spread of product. On the skin, the product does blend out nicely, but that golden shimmer. I don't know. It looks pretty, don't get me wrong, but the golden sheen adds another layer of color that I didn't necessarily want. Though I will use up the rest of the sample, I would not buy full size of this. Pictured below is my forehead. Lol. 

The only one that was a little frustrating was the last swatch on the bottom- the brown contour/bronzer The Game is On. Maybe it is because of the amount of pigment in the product, but it was a little more dry on the skin and more difficult to blend evenly. You can see the difference in swatches.  

I did not end up testing this out. I was a little intimidated by the swatch. 




Below we have the two highlighters. Both are beautiful products, and I don't really have anything like them in my collection. The top swatch is Fleece-Lined Pillow Fort, which came as a free sample. I was completely stunned by this one, it is a very light cream color highlight that is pretty opaque and with a slight sheen. I am looking forward to trying this out on the face. *edit- okay, I just went back to the Shiro site- turns out this one is an eyeshadow, which explains why it came off so opaque. Honestly, I'll probably use this in the inner corner of my eye and as a highlighter anyway.
For "...Pillow Fort," I did use this as an inner-eye highlight and wow- I did not expect to like this, but I really do. It is not too shimmery, but does lighten up that area significantly. I did not try it as a highlighter, but I don't think I want to. I will happily use up the sample size of this and continue to use this on my eyes. 

White Chocolate Frog, the bottom swatch, was sheerer than I expected. It is more visible in the full-size version of the pics. It reminds me of a liquid illuminator blended out, but I anticipate enjoying this one as well! 



Finally, we'll end with White Chocolate Frog. Being someone who does love shimmer and sparkle, White Chocolate Fro seems a bit muted for me. It is noticeable on the skin, and does create a highlighting effect, but I am just not impressed with the level of intensity. I am sure, though, people who are looking for a subtle luminous effect would love this. In my initial reaction, I did say how it reminded me a liquid illuminating product, blended in. I will say that I stand by that opinion, and that it performs the same on the skin. 

Pictures! The first one is half of my face, with the products. Please excuse the potato quality. 
Most noticeable for me is the bronzer. I might have been too liberal with my application. The loose product and container does make it difficult to gauge how much is needed. 

You can also see the contour, Do Your Research, in the hollow of my cheek. It is just a tad darker than what I usually use- my contour stick in Proton by Life's Entropy, but I like that. 

The highlight is apparent also, but way too subtle for me. And look at that inner corner highlight!

We also have some uncomfortably close photos of my face:


So, my favorites are the inner corner highlight/eyeshadow Fleece-Lined Pillow Fort, as well as the contour Do Your Research. I am not a huge fan of either Chocolate Frog, but I will end up using up the samples.

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig