Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Materpost: My Demeter Fragrance Collection Ranking

One particular thing I like to collect are the fragrances from Demeter's Fragrance Library. I think they can be hit or miss, but the whole concept is neat. For many of these I had to get used to them in order to really enjoy them.

Let's talk about them! I am not the best at describing products, so please consult the excellent website Fragrantica for a more detailed analysis of these products.



From worst to best, we have:

Snow. For this one, they have tried to capture the essence of "cold," but to me Snow just smells like rubbing alcohol. It is very metallic with a slight note of sweetness and I very much dislike it. It whole-heartedly earns the spot of "worst" in my collection.

Holy Water: I don't know why I bought this. I am not religious, nor have I been to a church. One of my grandmothers kept holy water, but that is it. It is a very watery scent, but I also think of pine needles and berries, with a metallic and musty edge. I dunno. I would never wear it, but I keep it around.

 Thunderstorm. I have the roll-on of this, and I do not wear it as a scent. I have rubbed it on my hand before, and the staying power was notably longer than other Demeter scents.  As its name suggests, this scent is meant to capture the smell of ozone- hazy, murky, and wet, while also smelling like rain on the pavement. Like I said before, I only keep this around to smell time to time when I want to smell a thunderstorm.

Oud. Also known as Agarwood, this is a spicy but simple fragrance. Agarwood smells somewhat like cinnamon to me, but perhaps with a note of cork? I don't wear this fragrance much, but do layer it once in a while with others.


Marshmallow: I used the sample bottle up so fast. What can you say? It smells just like a toasted marshamllow. I wish the longevity was improved. If it was, it would be perfect.

Pixie Dust: When I first got this and tried it out, all I could picture was sugary strawberries. And that pretty much is true still. It smells like warm cotton candy, and is a very youthful, happy scent. I like it a lot!

Sunshine: This one took me a little time to enjoy because the edge of lemon seemed rather artificial at first. When worn, however, it becomes a very warm, albeit tangy smell, cushioned with soft vanilla. Another happy scent.


Flowering Tonka: My only repurchase. I had never experienced the smell of tonka before- it is sweet, almost gourmand, but with a bitter edge. I really like it, and it smells great layered with some of my Lavanilla scents. Overall, I'd highly recommend.


So, that's it! I think if you do your research, Demeter Fragrances can be an excellent buy, even as a thoughtful gift. I just picked up Saddle and Mahogany for my father (and Raspberry Jam for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig