Monday, December 25, 2017

About Viseart...

So I watched a very interesting episode of Kimberly Clark's "What Happened to Your Face." Kim indicated that she was very underwhelmed with the performance of her eyeshadow, and you could see visible wear and fading/flaking. She had used the Viseart Neutral mattes. She offered a possible inconsistency in batches as a solution to the problem, the problem being that Viseart palettes cost $80 a pop and are supposed to be the *gold* standard, and yet they clearly did not perform that way.

Now, having a bit of Christmas change on me, I do have to ask myself, it is worth it? And what was the cause of the palette performing terribly?

Someone in the comments noted that the intended use for the palettes did not include heavy-duty drag gigs, but I disagree. This is for movie and TV sets, and for the arts. It should be able to hold up to lights and heat and sweat. It is NOT for the average consumer.

Let me reiterate, as much as the internet and Sephora and all the beauty influencers who can spend eighty dollars like it is no big deal will tell you otherwise,  it is not for the average consumer. If it was, the packaging would be so much different (i.e., nicer).

Another person who expressed the idea that the price of the palettes are not entirely justified is the Anti-Haul blog. Go check her out.

It concerns me that we are being convinced by brands who have literally no identity- and let me just include Natasha Denona here-that they are the gold standard, just because they are expensive. This is a fallacy, one that is so hard to see past, because we want to believe it, especially if we have already dropped the coin.

I am not going to buy Viseart. It's not for me. And I am a makeup enthusiast, and I do love eyeshadow. But not that much. Not that much to tell myself I need professional grade, expensive, product.

We all have different needs and preferences anyway. Due to the particular shape and texture of my eyes and lids, I actually have found I prefer shadows that are dry and powdery. They need to last long, of course, but they don't muddy on my eye if they have this formula.

And yet the rhetoric is all about buttery and smooth and pigmented, yada yada yada. I believed it for a couple of years that good eyeshadow should be this way. But I've learned.

I don't know what the consistency and formula of Viseart shadows are like. But then again, I am okay with not knowing.

My two cents- Kimberly Clark's video was really enlightening, and I am a bit relieved that perhaps the gold standard does not actually exist.

Buh-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig