Friday, December 15, 2017

EotD and More Ramblings

So I am still waiting on my new elf Mad for Matte palette in Jewel Pop. A very cool person I follow on Instagram actually made a post about that palette today, indicating that the promotional pics were not an accurate representation of the color scheme. She was also kind enough to explain that the Mad for Matte formula does need some finessing, with a tacky base and careful application.

Obviously, my hopes are not set too high on this $10 palette. I don't even think I would have spent more on a palette with those colors that were guaranteed to be more pigmented for a higher price point. We'll see how it goes, but I do think the internet's silence is pretty telling.

The internet, save for the initial spate of video reviews, is also oddly silent on the new reformulated Wet 'n Wild palettes. I will be honest- Temptalia's Sneak Peek Swatches were far different than what was represented by many reviews. Hers looked really patchy. We'll see.

Additionally, shipping on my Ipsy bag has been delayed, so silence on that front.

Let's move on to products I have been really enjoying. As I've noted before, I feel like my makeup "successes" are products I've taken time to research and wait for reviews. With that in mind, the Butter Bronzer and Maybelline Superstay Concealer both proved to be very useful. With the Maybelline concealer, it sticks around much longer than all the other ones, and blends very nicely. It is visible in the pictures of my eyes below, after more than 12 hours.

On my eyes I am also wearing the Modern Renaissance palette, as well as Amber Rush from L'Oreal Infallible. I feel as though the Infallible eyeshadows are doing a good job of staving off my desire to try the Stila liquid eyeshadows. Though out of all the Stila shades, I really want to try Diamond Dust, as MakeupStruggles suggested that Diamond Dust is really the only shade one would need, out of all of them....

In the pictures below, I am wearing Pumpkin Pie by Coastal Scents, Realgar by ABH, Burnt Orange by ABH, and Amber Rush by L'Oreal on my eyes. In the inner corner I used Fleece Lined Pillow fort from Shiro, which I still am surprised by how much I love it. I totally did not expect to get attached to a random eyeshadow sample, but this looks great on my face.




I was thinking about the Modern Renaissance palette, and about how I have gotten and still continue to get good use out of the palette.Would  I repurchase it, though? No, I don't think so, not with my current collection. However, it still proves to be a palette that I keep finding new things to enjoy about it, so in that way I think the palette was a total success.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig