Sunday, December 17, 2017

Brands I Want to Try in 2018

1. Sugarpill: I haven't bought anything from Sugarpill yet for a couple of reasons. One, they seem to be constantly sold out, and two, I always thought of this brand more for pros than the average makeup hobbyist. However, I am learning that may not be the case, entirely. As I get more skilled (lol), and interested in color, I would definitely be willing to make a purchase. That's the thing with brands like Sugarpill. I wouldn't spend the extra money and effort to get a generic neutral color- it needs to be special, but something that I would actually use. Once I see something that hits both of those marks, I definitely would be willing. My bet is it will be a purple.

2. Kiko: Another case of needing to be worth the effort. My prediction is that Kiko will become a bit more accessible to the states soon, maybe even getting stocked in Ulta. Once that happens, or if I see something I actually really do want to try, I'll go ahead and make that purchase.As of now, the only thing I've ever been interested in Kiko are those water eyeshadows. But I've got tons of eyeshadows. And that particular eyeshadow should be applied wet, which is an extra step for me in the morning...


3. Makeup Revolution: I'll say it time and time again, I don't mind this brand for ripping off designs of the higher-end brands. I simply do not believe that this practice deters people from buying higher-end. Those companies are not losing business. And besides, makeup is hugely over priced anyway. I've been really tempted time and time again to try their dupes of the chocolate bar palette, but I've found that they do run a bit higher-priced than I would like. They also stock MR in my local Ulta, so the next time I go, I'll try to buy something from them. I am most interested in their heart-shaped blushes, specifically the Peachy Keen Hearts blush:


4. Fenty Beauty: Oh man I was so close to buying that foundation- but I bought the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless instead. And I'm all good with lip products and powder products and contour products at the moment...so I don't feel compelled by anything the brand is offering at the moment...

5. Jouer (specifically, the Foil Skinny Dip) eyeshadow palette- It is still in stock, for $40, despite being loved by critics! Maybe I am losing my mind and this is a permanent palette. Anyway, this is a gorgeous palette, with highly foiled shades. My biggest deterrent from buying is that the shades are all somewhat similar:
Gah it's still beautiful. I dunno. Maybe next spring. 


Brands I still have no interest in:

  • Lorac
  • Jefree Star
  • Lime Crime
  • Zoeva
  • Sleek
Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig