Wednesday, December 6, 2017

What I Did Buy: Elf Jewel Pop Palette

[edit 12/124] I have reviewed the palette! Click here for the review and swatches.

Unlike the TMO, the What Did I Buy feature is me giving a spotlight to a feature product that I did purchase. It is not a review, but rather a rationale of why I purchased it.

For starters, this palette cost $10, and is part of elf's popular "Mad for Matte" line. This is the newest one in the line, and released yesterday.

The line is quite popular, due to being an entire palette of mattes that are of decent quality. I myself have never tried a palette from this line.

Let's go shade by shade.
1-The pink-toned off white/cream shade. I do feel I have something like this in my EyesCream palette, which I hit pan on. We'll see how they compare.
2- This shade reminds me a lot of Golden Ocher from the Modern Renaissance palette, just darker. Usually I am wary of these colors because I don't feel they perform well in the crease, but lately I've just been learning to appreciate using mattes on the lid.
3- An orange matte- I am not at a loss for those at all. I've got one in the Modern Renaissance palette, as well as one in the Queen of Hearts palette. However, because I love orange so much, I am really not mad at having another one.
4- A burgundy matte. Another color I quite like, and I don't feel I have this one.
5-Another color that is super interesting to me. I only have a couple of berry-tones in my collection, so we'll see how they compare.
6-A blue-toned violet. I don't see myself wearing this.
7-A vibrant blue. Also something I will not wear.
8- pretty much my main reason for wanting this- to see how I can use green eyeshadow.
9-a matte black, which also I don't mind.

I mainly was also interested in this as a potential alternative for the Viseart Dark Mattes palette, which I am also very interested in, but don't want to shell out EIGHTY DOLLARS.

So, be on the look out for a review from me regarding this elf palette! Very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig