Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette: Review and Swatches

For the holidays, I was fortunate to receive a Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette. It was one of the items I had anti-hauled in the past, but now that I have it, I thought I would provide swatches and reviews.

This palette sells at Ulta for $19.50, which I think is an excellent value.

This the interior of the palette (after swatches and use)


And swatches, in order of the palette from left to right. I will go shade by shade. Click on the pictures to get full size! 


1. An orange-toned cream shade. Dupes of this include Coloured Raine Angel Face and Heir, and ABH Orange Soda, as well as MuG Peach Smoothie. This is a very popular transition shade for many skin tones.
Coloured Raine Heir, Angel Face, and CB palette #1

2. A peach-pink shimmer, with aspects of duochrome. It is like a more opaque, but drier Fireball by UD.

3. This shade is like a darker #1, and reminds me of Burnt Orange from the Modern Renaissance Palette.

4. This is a very popular pink shimmer with gold reflect. You can also find it in the new Wet 'n Wild Not a Basic Peach Palette, as well as the Jaclyn Hill palette.




5. A peach-toned shimmer with gold reflect. A very reflective and pigmented shade.

6. A pink shimmer. pretty but standard.

7. A cooler almond-toned light brown. For me, also a very nice transition.

8. Basically a dupe for Buon Fresco from ABH, but a tad more pink-toned.
Buon Fresco on the left, an CB #8 on the right. I actually like the CB more!


9. A breathtaking silvery purple shimmer, like ABH Pink Champagne.

10. A blackened burgundy.


11. A yellow-toned cream matte shade.

12. A light gold shade.

13. A warm orange-brown matte, like Raw Sienna or Burnt Orange from the ABH palette.
Actually, this is very similar to #3, just as Raw Sienna and Burnt Orange are similar in the MR palette. Comparison swatches reveal this to be very true:


I actually can't tell which is the MR, and which is the Carli Bybel palette! Oops. 

14. A shimmery mid-toned brown.

15. And a cool-toned dark brown matte.

For the highlighters:

16.-17. A rose-gold and gold, respectively.

18. A white metallic with a blue-toned reflect.

18. A pink metallic with more subtle blue-toned reflect. 

19. A mid-toned copper shimmer

20. And a darker toned bronze shimmer. 

Thoughts:

For me, this palette is wonderful for beginners and enthusiasts alike. For my skintone, I find this mostly to be a shadow of lid colors and transition colors. 

I think the quality of the shadows and face powders are excellent. The mattes are soft but drier, so blending is very easy. CB also made it very easy to pair colors together and get a cohesive look. It was all very thoughtful.

Additionally, this palette has a shelf life of about two years, which makes me happy to know I can pace myself when using it (contrary to the ABH palette, which is reported to last 6 mos- boo!)

I am so excited to keep using this palette, and think that it is worth it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig