Friday, December 15, 2017

Makeup Updates (An Assortment of Things)

Let's begin this rambly post with a small declutter.

The first is a lipstick that I've given away recently. From TJ Maxx, I purchased the Bite Beauty Creme Lipstick in Caramel. While I do think this is a certainly wearable shade, for me it is a tad too orange. I think the formula is pleasant, just not long wearing at all. This line of lipstick was something I did not really enjoy, and though Bite Lipstick has been popping at TJ Maxx lately, since trying and not really liking Caramel, I've steered clear. I think Bite Beauty is an interesting brand, but charges much too much for their products. This also was an important step in realizing that products sold in TJ Maxx should not necessarily be purchased just because they are discounted high-end.

Another product I decluttered is a powder I think I talked before about not liking.  I finally decided I am not going to use it. A while ago, I bought an ittse powder duo from Ipsy, of two highlighters. While I really love one of them, the other (Run the World) does not have great intensity, and contains chunks of glitter. Some reviewers noted that this one can be used under the eyes or something, but I tried this and basically it amounted to me putting glitter under my eyes- what's the point of that? So goodbye, Run the World.

In recent use-ups, my favorite eyeshadow primer from Wet 'n Wild is all finished, but I already have a back-up to use. Additionally, I am nearly finished with with my Ipsy sample size of the Neogen Truffle Oil Drop thing, which I believe came in the October bag.  I have to say, though I did not mind the product, as a moisturizer is was very light and when I woke up in the morning, it was like I applied nothing at all. I don't think it's worth it. I am not upset that I got it or that I extensively tried it out, but it is something I have no interest in.

In terms of recent purchases....I have been kind of bad.

Off of ebay, I bought Becca's Lilac Geode, for $30. Remember when I said there are some products that I just had my eye on for a while? This is one of them. I am not necessarily trying to justify my purchase, but the mix of purple, pink, and gold was very intriguing to me.

I also have a bid on Diamond Dust from Stila's Magnificent Metals line, for $14.00.
I have also placed an order with Deciem, arriving shortly,  of the following:

The Ordinary
Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion (Previously Advanced Retinoid 2%) - 30ml

The Ordinary
100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil - 30ml

I am actually really impressed with how soon this order shipped. As my old posts reflect, The Ordinary is absolutely terrible most of the time with order turn-arounds, but by the looks of this, I will be getting my order tomorrow.

At first I was only going to get the Retinoid, primarily because it is something I feel works nicely for my face, but I am also interested in moisturizers, now that it is getting super cold out, and my face feels really dry. Which reminds me, I also bought a body oil, to quickly spray and moisturize my body in the mornings:

 OGX Extra Rich + Coconut Miracle Body Oil Mist, 6.8 Ounce

This had pretty good ratings on Amazon, and lately I have been obsessed with Coconut scents recently. I understand that this is pretty odd, considering everyone is embracing holiday scents, but something about coconut makes me so happy during this time.

In terms of orders I placed a while ago, my ipsy bag is still MIA. I have completed an inquiry form with USPS to see what is going on. My elf order is due on Monday, which includes the Jewel Pop matte palette, which I have been getting lukewarm feedback about. My Wet 'n Wild order, the Not a Basic Peach palette, is due to arrive next Tuesday.

I am a little overhwelmed with all of the orders that seem to coincide around the same time, but I think this is a sign that I need to slow down with the spending. After the holiday season dies down, I know I will also be taking a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig