Saturday, December 16, 2017

EoTD: Orange and Purple

Today is one of those days when I add to my eye makeup a little over time. When I woke up, I first just put Kitten by Stila all over my eye, as well as Shiro's Fleece-Lined Pillow Fort in my inner corner.  Later, I decided I wanted some color, so I took the Milani Earthly Elements palette (which I technically destashed but it was laying around) and added the brown and orange to my crease and outer corner.

After a while, I took the Queen of Hearts palette and the shade Ladyship, and added that to my look.

This was the final result:


Overall, I think it's a pretty simple look.  Ladyship was regarded as the only negative part of the Queen of Hearts palette, because it swatches terribly, but I don't see any problem with how it works on the eye. Here I blended out with it, as well as packed it over the shade Kitten. 

I'm becoming more interested in color, specifically warm-tones. I've been really loving orange eyeshadow. I have cool-toned skin, so I find that orange really does complement my coloring. 

Currently, I have three orange eyeshadows in my collection, and I have them swatched below for comparison. From left to right, we have the orange from the Milani Earthly Elements palette, Empress from the Queen of Hearts palette, and Realgar from Modern Renaissance. Realgar is pretty dark, and I can even get away with using it as an outer corner shade. 

The Milani shade is the east pigmented, but I still enjoy using it. I wonder if I can depot it from the entire palette.....That will be another story, I guess. 




Anyway, thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig