Saturday, December 23, 2017

Products in Makeup Purgatory (text post)

So, today I wanted to talk about products that I have not really officially decluttered and moved out of my life, but sent to a place in my room called "Makeup Purgatory." It is a box, and it is where I keep products that I do not use, but am not ready to part with for one reason or another.

I haven't mentioned a lot of these products on my blog (but some I have), so I thought this might be an interesting feature.

Let's begin with powder products.

The first item is Revlon Highlighting palette in Desert Bronze. Now, I bought this from Amazon, and it is discontinued, but I checked the batch code and it has not expired yet. However, I have tried to use this a couple of times now, and I just don't like it. The lighter warm brown strips of the product are hardly visible, and the darker cool brown strips are way too pigmented. There's one strip of a white shimmer highlight that is neutral, and of a pretty good quality. But there's no way to customize your look, I feel, so you're best bet is a sweep of the product with a fluffy powder brush. It is not patchy or anything, but a little too pigmented for me to feel comfortable using it as a bronzer. I have not yet decluttered this because I still feel it is new to my collection, and I wonder if it can be used as a contour.

Wet 'n Wild highlighting palette in Boozy Brunch. I have talked about this one a lot, and how it is a purported dupe for Champagne Pop. For me, it is just too dark, as much as I wanted this to work for me. I don't feel like decluttering it at the momet, and wonder if I can just get away with using it as an eyeshadow (though I don't lack these).

Nyx Powder Blush in Taupe (OG shade). I did really use this faithfully for a while, and then lost interest in contouring. Now, I use a cream contour, as well as a powder one, and really have let this go by the wayside. I wonder, though, as I do like brown blushes, if I should just start using this as a blush and see what happens.

Pulp Fiction Palette: A perfect example of why I have makeup purgatory. This is not in my daily rotation, but it does contain products that I want to use, but just don't. I have tried really hard with this palette, and I wonder if the shadows have just gone off. Oh well. It's there if I need it.

Moving on to liquid/creme products:

No Poreblem Primer, by Touch in Sol. A lot of beautubers have been sent this and are using this, be forewarned. I got this in a sample from Ipsy and have been holding on to it..well, for no good reason really. It smells clean, but it is loaded with dimethicone. I mean, I am not putting that all over my face. NO m'am. And I hate the name. I really ought to just toss this.

Speaking of heavily sponsored, dimethicone products, L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte. Ugh....I tried so hard, but I hated the way this looked on my skin. It was too pink, set way too fast, and just was a pain to work with.

Pur-lisse Lip Balm. I've got a lot of lip balms that I prefer, but I do like having lip balms around. This one I got from an Ipsy bag. It's a little slippery for my liking.

Seraphine Botanicals: Guava Butter Cheek and Lip Tint. This one of the two creme blushes that I own. On paper, the smell would be nice: fruity and sweet. But I find it cloying, and would not use it on my lips. I like the idea of having a cream blush, though, and the color is nice

Tini Beauty Barfly Highlighting Stick: Again, I find the idea of stick products interesting. Also from an Ipsy bag, this highlighter smells like acrylic paint when first applied, but the scent dies down. It is a pale pink highlighter with bits of glitter. Because I've had it for about a month, I am not ready to toss it yet, but I don't really feel as if I am going to get use from it.

Hard Candy Lip Primer Duo: I find this primer to actually be kind of effective, even when worn on its own as a balm or gloss. It just takes up a lot of space, but I don't mind it. i think Hard Candy is pretty innovative, and I do appreciate them as a brand.

Reflections:
I did not anticipate coming up with alternative uses for some of these products, but I am glad I did.

It concerns me how many of these products are from Ipsy, and now I am wondering if it is even worth it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig