Friday, December 29, 2017

Makeup I Keep in my Purse

Hi all!

Today I thought I would do a quick post about products I travel with. I think these kinds of posts are interesting because you can get insight into what could be considered "essential" for touch-ups and basic looks.

Depending on my morning, I might bring a liquid eyeshadow and eyeliner with me for touch-ups if my eyes were incredibly watery and makeup application was an issue. Otherwise, if I had to limit myself to one item per category, these are the sort of items that I will always carry with me in my purse:



1.) Setting Spray/Makeup Mist. So I know there's a "difference" between setting spray and fixing mist. Whatever I have on me, I like to bring with me to refresh towards the end of the day and keep oil at bay. The setting spray I am really enjoying at the moment is from Flower Beauty, as recommended by Zabrena. I agree that it smells nice, but the smell isn't anything too revolutionary. It smells like trendy perfume, but the scent fades quickly. This setting spray does do a great job of controlling oil.

2. Scent/Perfume: Speaking of touch-ups, I bring some sort of fragrance with me to use during the day. The item pictured is Lavanilla Coconut Vanilla. It is a lovely creamy scent.

3.  Concealer: I learned quickly that if I had to choose concealer or foundation to bring with me, it had to be concealer. Even if I wasn't wearing foundation to begin with, I like the idea of knowing I have something in my purse to take care of redness or a blemish. The one pictured is Maybelline Better Skin, which I have determined is the best concealer Maybelline offers, if your preferences and needs are like mine.

4. Lip Color: In my bag today I brought with me a color that I don't have to think much about- Clinique Black Honey. It is really flattering, but also lasts a good while on the lips. It is hydrating at first, but then I find it does dry my lips out eventually. Overall, a good simple product to bring when you need to add more color to your lips.

5. Lip Balm: I always bring lip balm with me. My HG is the Vaseline Lip Therapy minis. No other balm I've found keeps them moisturized. Love it.

Moving to the top row:

6. Makeup Brush: I do usually throw in a brush with me. This time, I opted for a smaller, more transportable one- the elf Kabuki brush. It is a rather nice brush, and I knew I would need it for touchs up of the bronzer that I will discuss shortly.

7.  The cute yellow cow pictured is actually a container for lotion. The head screws off. I think it was from TonyMoly, and it used to be a banana pudding scent. I used that up, and have since refilled it a couple of times with Palmer's Cocoa Butter. For me, this is a brilliant idea because the container is small and portable and sturdy. My hands get dry constantly so this is much needed.

8. Bronzer. For me, out of the different kind of face powders, bronzer is most useful to bring with me to add color to my face, because I can put it all over, whereas I would be (sort of) limited with blush or highlighter. The bronzer pictured here is a re-potted Butter Bronzer. I've a baby pan, obviously, but don't be deceived- when I first tried to travel with it in its original packaging, that sucker shattered like no one's business. Needless to say, if I do repurchase it, I won't travel with it any more. I also have the Jordana contour stick in light, which is on the warmer side, and can be used as an easy way to reintroduce color to the face, so that's a possible alternative.

Other items I bring depending on different factors:

  • If I am not worried about foundation, I bring with me the Hard Candy Coconut Water Priming Stick, to refresh the skin. It breaks up foundation, and because it is technically a primer, I usually keep it at home and use it as such.
  • Cerave AM Lotion, with SPF 30, if I know I am driving  home in daylight or will be outside a lot. 
  • Liquid Eyeshadow: Especially L'Oreal Infallible paints. As I mentioned up top, if I wake up in the morning with a bad eye situation, sometimes I will forego eye makeup entirely. If it gets better and I decided to do it at work, this is the easiest option. 
  • Eyeliner. See above. 
I used to bring a ton of stuff with me, but have since learned to economize a bit. 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig