Sunday, December 24, 2017

Elf Jewel Pop Palette Swatches and Review

Hi everyone! Today I am going to show you swatches of the Mad for Matte Jewel Pop palette, which I ordered from the elf website when it was first released, for $10.00.  For me, someone who is not too adventurous or bold with eyeshadow colors, the shade range in this palette seemed perfect, as a way to incorporate dark colorful mattes into every day looks.

As I've shown before on this blog, this is the interior of the palette. It comes in the customary sleek rectangular black plastic compact, with a mirror.

Here are finger swatches, which look pretty good. The orange was a bit powdery and needed a second application, and the violet and blue were both very patchy.



I also have a picture of what my hand looked like after a vigorous rub of the makeup wipe:

You can see faint outlines of the warm toned shadows, but the blues disappeared quite quickly. The green and black, though, really stuck around.

Here is what the palette looks like, in indoor lighting and with flash:




I also have finger swatches compared to brush swatches:


In this section, the cream-colored shade that most closely matches my own skin tone is negligible. There is not indication of it on my skin. The mustard, though, is very creamy. As I noted before, the orange is very powdery, but blendable. 

I personally, love that brown taupe. I think it is going to add a very natural shadow to the eye.

Moving onto sloppy swatches of the rest of the palette:

The burgundy swatched pretty well, but that berry purple needs to be built up.

The purple and blue are very patchy, but I don't mind the green too much. I do, however, think I will not get much use out of the black matte.

Overall, there are some real gems in this palette, and I do think it is a great supplementary palette to have. Primer is an absolute necessity, and I would not use more than two shades from the palette at a time, as I feel the powders just blend into each other.

Out of five, I give it a 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig