Monday, December 25, 2017

Becca's Lilac Geode is Dreamy (Review)

The internet experienced a blip of hysteria when this was released in August. Though the rush has definitely died down, the product is still for sale. And I think it's beautiful.

In terms of the highlighter market, I feel like we're reaching a limit with what kind of shiny stuff can we put on our face. I myself own tons of highlighters.

Most of the highlighters I owned are budget friendly- from Wet 'n Wild, Colourpop, and Milani. My only "higher-end" highlighter is the Mary Loumanizer. Oh, and I also have a sample of UD's Sin highlighter.

I wasn't going to buy any more highlighters, but the near-perfect reviews this product received, as well as its concept, piqued my interest. Lilac Geode is a purple leaning pink highlighter with golden reflect. It also comes in a purple metallic case. It contains about a gram less than the permanent highlighters, but because I did pay less I don't mind. I did not buy the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (pressed) full price. I was able to purchase it for $30.

Being a highlighter fan, I was also skeptical of Becca highlighters. I did not see the big deal, and thought drugstore highlighters were just as good. And don't get me wrong- I love my drugstore highlighters.

But I can't deny that Lilac Geode lasts a good deal longer on my face than other my other highlighters. That was new for me.  I was also taken with the really pretty color shift.

As of now, I've decided that I can get away with using this as both a blush and a highlighter, as there is a pink tone to the product.

I can say that this was absolutely worth it. Though I am OFFICIALLY all good with highlighters for a while, I would consider buying a Becca highlighter in the future.

On to the pictures!






Below, I also have posted a comparison with all the other duochrome highlighters I own. From top to bottom we have Lilac Geode, Midnight Moon (Wnw), Millennium (Nabla), Royal Calyx (Wnw), and the Milani Holographic Beams Highlighting trio. 

The only one that truly compares in terms of color-shiftiness and richness in color is WnW Midnight Moon. I ought to wear this more often!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig