Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Collection Updates/Style Changes

New Eyeshadow Technique

For some reason, I really hate the idea of putting shimmer all over my lid. What I have been doing now is using a matte shade in my crease and outer corner, and then patting either the same or a different one on the lid. Then, if I feel like it, I'll take a shimmer shade and put it only on the inner third of my lid. So, I still have obvious glitter, but it is not all over my lid.

I am not sure why I prefer this, but it's just something I've been wanting to do.

Additionally, I have just been less enthusiastic overall about eyeshadow, but I think it is because I feel like I have enough in my collection. I have and am panning the Modern Renaissance, and I have the Queen of Hearts palette, which I have wanted since forever. I also have a variety of mini palettes. I do enjoy and use all the different pieces in my collection, and when it comes to eyeshadows, I think I have been so effective in my own TMOs and Anti-Hauls, that I realize when to not be bothered. Which is most of the time. This also has translated to shopping in person, as I am less tempted by the makeup I see (especially the discounted higher end makeup at TJX, I've been so strong!).

All About Blush

While I think highlighter will continue to trend, and while I continue to love and use highlighter, I am all about the blush. Blush can be so scary until you know how to do it, and once I got my technique down I could not get enough.

For me, my face is a bit round, so I like to gently tap and sweep my blush away from the center of my face. I follow the "two finger rule" for blush placement, but sweep it up, like a highlight.

For a while I was about purple plushes, but in this cold weather, I actually am really embracing the corals and oranges!

Be An Adult, Use Sunblock

This is something I am trying to be good about. When I leave work, it is dark out, but I do this anyway- I use Cerave AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion, with SPF 30. I use it as a primer. I also need to get in the habit of putting something on my face before I leave work, during the drive back. I am henceforth setting down to bring this with me, to put on my face before I leave!





No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig