Saturday, November 18, 2017

Best Drugstore Eyeshadow Primer!

A while ago, I was signing the praises of the Milani eyeshadow primer. But that tune has changed. The more I used it, the more that -yes, even though it is very similar to UD Primer Potion- it was not doing that great of a job. 

So in comes the Wet 'n Wild Photo Focus eyeshadow primer.

Now, on MakeupAlley, the Milani primer carries a 4.4 rating, with 82% of people saying they would buy it again. On that same site, the WnW one ALSO has a 4.4, with less reviews, but with 85% of people saying they would buy it again.

Guess what, the Wet 'n Wild is even better. 

I tried my hardest to do swatch comparison pictures, but they were coming out really badly. When I went to wipe my hand with a makeup wipe, though, I was shocked at how easily the products on the Milani side wiped off, while the WnW side not only stuck around after the first wipe, but the second, third, and fourth wipe. It was stubborn. I still have a slight green mark on my hand. I'll insert a picture of that below.
Milani was on the left, and WnW on the right


These two products have very different formulas, so that could be a consideration for those of you who might have different skin types or concerns than me.


Wet ‘n Wild
Milani
-$4.70, for .34 fl oz
-creamy, lotion-like consistency that creates a sticky base
-extended the wear and increases intensity of shadow products, significantly
-$6.00, for. 30 fl oz
-slightly tinted, with oilier consistency, creates a smooth base
-does extend the wear of eyeshadow products, but not as long as WnW

A person with more textured eyelids, as well as drier eyelids might prefer the Milani primer. Personally, I feel my lids are pretty textured, and they are neither oily or dry, but the WnW does a great job for me. I have no need to buy any primer besides the WnW (and actually just purchased my second one!). 

In sum, if you are in need of a primer, don't bother with the high-end ones. Give the WnW one a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig