Friday, November 10, 2017

Makeup Collection: Declutters and Additions

So, for the past week I have noticed significant overflow in my makeup organizer, in the section where I keep lip products. As part of the acrylic organizer, the center "row" is divided into three: on the left is where I keep misc lip products, the center are my go-to brown/nude lipsticks, and the right is where I keep gloss.

Today I evaluated my collection, and decided to rid myself of two that I was just using.

1.) Trust Fund Beauty Lipgasm Gloss in {shrugs} from Ipsy. I had a couple of issues with this product, but kept it around for as long as I did because it was not a sticky gloss, and kept my lips moisturized. However, it smelled like paint, and had rather pointy applicator that was not pleasant to work with. If my lips were chapped, it would actually pull at the skin on my lips (shudders).  If I had to choose between that gloss and my Nyx gloss in Praline..well, that's no contest. The TFB gloss is done with.

Speaking of this brand, why is it that no one has heard anything about it? No releases, no nothing? And ipsy promoted the hell out of it, I even got that stick highlighter- (That Glo Tho *rolls eyes* ) which was a complete fail. Perhaps, despite heavy sponsorship and promotion, the products were simply not that good?

2.) I also had to say goodbye to the Covergirl "Colorlicious Melting Pout" lipgloss in "Gel-ebrity." It was a beautiful brown opaque gloss, but the applicator was super frustrating and did not dispense product. Silly me, I thought popping the applicator off would solve this issue, but alas. It did not. Furthermore, that exact shade of brown is very similar to my most recent lipstick acquisition: Bloodline by Hard Candy. And I like that product more, so...

Stray observations:

3.) I am still holding on to a rather old gloss called Monster Gloss from Femme Couture Beauty. I bought this years ago from Sally Beauty, and it is a light gloss that has that red-brown shifting blue pigment. I  keep it around because I think it is cool that right now, brands are trying to accomplish this, and charging an arm and a leg, for what other companies have been doing for years.

4.) I have a small Bite Beauty lipstick collection that I need to make more use of.

5.) My most used lipsticks are as follows: 1-Sin-a-mon from Maybelline  2-Touchable Taupe, also from Maybelline 3-Dolly, Buxom

Moving on to eyeshadow, I recently took a look at my z-palette and reorganized some shades, as well as nixed some others. These are the four I depotted:

Let's move from l-r, and top-bottom.

We are first starting with a frosted white shade, from the BH Cosmetics Foil #1 palette. This is a really nice, opaque shade, but completely extra in my collection. I don't really use white in my inner corner at all. So even though I was holding on to it for a while, it was time. I also have the Nyx crayon in Cottage Cheese, which pretty much serves the purpose that white shade had, and I would rather use the Nyx crayon up.

On the right is a frosted silver-green shade. I did not like this very much because I felt that the color was too muted. I do have a stronger green shade in my palette, and I know I would much rather have more distinct colors on my face.

Moving on, we have a copper shimmer also from the BH cosmetics palette. I am decluttering this because this is probably the most common duped color throughout my collection. It is a dupe for Amber Rush from L'Oreal, which I like better, as well as Sherbert from the Dose of Colors EyesCream palette. AS WELL as a shade from my Queen of Hearts palette, as well as a Rose Gold shade from my Milani metallics palette. And I enjoy all of those- not this one.

The next is also from the BH palette- this kind of indistinct purple-brown metallic. It swatches beautifully, but I don't get the level of sheen I want on my eye.

And last, is a gold-pink duochrome that was depotted from a Sleek palette. I just down wear this any more, and have since bought really nice pinky duochromes that I prefer.

What else?

I also destashed two L'Oreal mascaras whose time was up- The L'Oreal Paradise one, which I think is dreadfully overpriced, and the Voluminous w/ a Curved Brush. I used them both until the formula got pretty goopy and smelled a bit off, and have since bought the Voluminous Original in Blackest Black, on clearance for $4.00. It performs even better than the Lash Paradise, I feel. We'll see how it wears throughout the day, but I've got a feeling I've got a new HG.

I am also decluttering the Milani palette in Earthly Elements- because there was no need for me to have this. I have two brilliant oranges- slightly different- in the Queen of Hearts palette and Modern Renaissance. Besides the two mattes in the Earthly Elements palette, the rest I would not use, so it is not worth it to me to keep it. The brown matte, like the orange, performs beautifully, but I can dupe it a couple of times over in other palettes I own.

I am also getting rid of Boozy Brunch, which is a WnW dupe for Champagne Pop, from Becca. It's just too dark for me, and takes up way to much space in my drawer.

In terms of brow products, I will be decluttering two. There was a time I thought I actually needed special brow products, but I really don't. I use a wax to shape my brows, but that's it.

So, Soap and Glory Arch De Triumph is being kicked to the curb- though the highlighter pencil side was nice- a pink toned cream color that had a powdery formula once applied, the brown pencil side was useless. The pencil had no color payoff unless you pressed really hard, tearing out your brows in the process. Not fun.

Also, I am tossing Hard Candy Brow's Now! Brow Gel and Highlighter. I actually liked the idea of a brow gel, and did use a good portion of it. The highlighter end was a shimmer pinky-white shade that I would ever use, and like I said before, I like using clear brow wax, so I have no need for that.

In terms of what I added to my collection:
-I mentioned the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, which I am totally blown away with.
-The Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts palette, which I feel has a perfect place in my collection, but I do want to hold off on using it until I pan more of ABH Modern Ren.
-Freeman Avocado and Oatmeal Mask- finally I found one! Walmart was out of this and by chance I stopped in today and they had it! This mask, less than three dollars, I am hoping will be a good replacement to the Shea Moisture Clarifying Mask (which is $15...)
-Hard Candy Mattifying Setting Spray
-BH Cosmetics Setting Spray (which I bought before the Hard Candy one...even though I don't mind this one- formula wise- it keeps getting clogged in the spray, and I have to spray a bit before applying to get an even mist)
-A few weeks ago I also bought the Maybelline Fit Me in Matte and Poreless, which I repotted into an empty container (the Ordinary Serum Foundation fyi), so I use it with a pump bottle, which I am quite pleased with all around.
-Finally, I bought an empty eyeshadow quad from Sally Beauty from their house brand (formerly  Sally's Girl), Bitzy. I really liked the design of it, and I am interested in smaller palettes (says the girl who bought the queen of hearts palette), so in it I placed my current favorite eyeshadow singles:
Here we have ABH Amber, Vanessa's Vanity Tangy Dijon, Coloured Raine Angel Face, and ABH Fudge.

What I really also like about this compact is the mirror, as well as the rounded edges. This makes an excellent travel container for any of my single eyeshadows!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig