Sunday, November 5, 2017

Subculture Inspired EoTD (w/ lots of pictures of my eye)

Good morning! November already....I am floored by how fast this year is going.

Today's eye look was inspired by one of my favorite youtubers- Makeupstruggles- who just put out a video last night on affordable palettes and whether or not they were worth it.

She mentioned the Maybelline palette collab w/ Shayla- and said that she found it too expensive for what it was, but it was a fine drugstore palette.

 I agree, but I do want to feel like I am getting my money's worth in some way. I actually like the cool yellow shimmer in the palette- it works for me, I feel, as well as the two mattes.

So today I decided to incorporate this palette into my look, as well as other eyeshadow singles and palettes because why not.

Let's go over the look! Pictures ahead. And of course, be forewarned that my camera quality is not great.

We'll begin with the different eyeshadow products I used:


From Shayla's Citi Mini Palette, I used the top cream matte shade, as well as the bronze shimmer, and the yellow gold  shimmer/glitter. 


From the Indie brand Vanessa's Vanity, I used the shade Tangy Dijon. Because of this shade, I feel like the entire Subculture and Yes, Please palette is irrelevant to me. It is a beautiful mustard yellow. 


From the Modern Renaissance palette, Warm Taupe in the crease. I have such a deep dip into this, but I am not entirely sure if I panned it or not. I want to use it up and my goal is to have five pans in the Modern Renaissance by the end of the month. I already have three. Though this shade is called "Warm Taupe," it is one of the cooler-lighter toned browns/taupes that I own. 

                                  

Finally, depotted from my Floriculture Palette  by Tarina Tarantino palette, Deep Dahlia. The picture shows shimmer, but this more of a satin/matte shade, comparable to Rowdy from the Subculture Palette.

All of these combined to make the following color palette:





To make the the following looks:

 I used the cream shade in the Shayla palette over my brow bone and crease, and then put Warm Taupe in my crease. On the lid, I placed the darker coppery shimmer from the Shayla palette, and then the gold glittery shade on top of that. I then blended the yellow shade out slightly above the crease ( I could have done this before adding Warm Taupe, but it occurred to me to use the yellow a little later). To make the look more complex, I placed Deep Dahlia in the outer corner.






At the time, I was not trying to create a look that could also be made by the Subculture palette, but here we are. I definitely think this is a cool look that I don't normally do, but would want to replicate again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig