Saturday, November 25, 2017

What is new with the blog?

So, you can see the blog has went through a bit of a design overhaul. I am still playing around with it, of course, but the longer I've been blogging, the more I want this project to turn into a proper blog.

What is this project?

For me, the strongest part of my blog has been my TMO's/anti-haul. A TMO, otherwise known as a "Talk Me Out" is a feature that involves me going through and convincing someone they don't need a product. It is for my benefit, as well as for whoever it is reading it.

I just got into YouTube and beauty about two or three years ago, and definitely felt the pressure to buy all the things. This directly conflicted with the fact that I really don't like to spend money. But I did anyway, many times excessively, and came to important realizations about the beauty industry, consumerism, and self-expression as a result.

Aside from my TMO's, I have many product reviews. I especially like to review drugstore products, though I will from time to time splurge on bigger ticket items. I personally like to review cult-favorite makeup products, to see if they are actually worth the hype.

Overall, this blog is evolving, and I suppose I am evolving too. I always considered myself a creative writer, but this blog has very much pushed me when it comes to writing conversational pieces that are also informative. This blog has pushed me to be smarter with using images and media, too.

 I never assumed I would have an active readership. I still don't, and I know I do not. And that's okay. I just intend to keep on doing what I am doing, and see what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig