Saturday, November 11, 2017

And the declutter continues...{Eyeshadow Singles}

I have not really discussed my collection of eyeshadow singles. It's been pared down over the last couple of months, but I still have a handful of eyeshadows that I do not use, for one reason or another.

Let's begin with my staples:

I am not going to list every single eyeshadow specifically, but the ones on the chopping block are:

1.) Fyrinnae Zanzibar, which I mixed with Gilded Wings to make a green color, which is cool, but I don't use it. I like the idea of green eyeshadow more than I like actually putting it on my eyes.

2.) The Kevyn Aucoin roller ball eyeshadow- in the rectangular prism packaging. Okay so I got this on ebay for like $3.00, and though I believe it was legit, I don't think I would pay $3 or $20 something for this. It does not really stay on the eye, even with glitter glue or primer. I have a feeling that it is meant to be looser and provide subtle sheen, but that's not really my jam, always. I mean, I've never tried that before. I am going to hold on to it because I do feel that it is different in my collection, and maybe just try the whole loose wash of minimal color and sparkle thing, and see where that takes me. 

My all-time faves: Ardency Inn Rose Gold single shadow, L'Oreal Amber Rush (actually, all of them- save the matte- have saved many a disastrous eye look due to the wet formula making it easy to cover mistakes- love them especially for that), Stila Kitten (gonna give props where they are due), and Wet n' Wild Brulee.

I also do like my Fyrinnae shadows, but honestly when I get ready in the morning, in my head they are more trouble than they are worth. I think they are beautiful, and do wear them for special occasions, but definitely not for the everyday.

With that in mind, I ended up decluttering Zanzibar. 

So these are the shadows that fell way back in my drawer- except for one- the Femme Couture Aurora Blue, which is a grey-looking baked metallic shadow with teal (heck, more like green) shimmer. I bought this today and it absolutely needs Pixie Epoxy to function. I have not yet used his on m eyes.

To the right of it we have Maybelline The Glo Down. I think the formula of this is excellent- as both an eyeshadow and a highlighter. However, I have way too many gold shimmers in my collection, and don't really need it.

Above those two we have the Too Faced Bullet Liner in Minx. I have barely used this eyeshadow pencil, but I want to. At first, I was scared of using it up, but no longer.

Above the liner, from left to right, we are starting with StarLooks eyeshadow in Gold Coast. I don't know why I am still attached to this eyeshadow. It is a olive-gold metallic, but of a smoother consistency. Ehhh....it's been shattered a couple of times and has hit hard pan. I think it's time to give it away.

Another one I am decluttering is my Colour Pop Super Shock shadow in Alchemy. This was the last one I've held onto, but honestly I have no interest in "toppers".

The last one I am giving up is a franken shadow composed by the blue-brown shadow from WnW. I got a sample of Lounge from UD, and unlike the WnW shadow, the formula is not as loose and stay on my eye better.

Over all, I think I feel a lot better when it comes to my collection, ad I do not feel like I am drowning in redundancy or guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig