Thursday, November 23, 2017

Essence Haul and Review!

I am all about new affordable makeup lately, and up until now I have never really tried Essence Cosmetics. (I also really want to try Catrice, but that's another story).

I decided it couldn't hurt to do a small little Essence Haul, and give in-depth reviews, especially for the products that are cult faves.

The items I bought were:

1.) Essence Make Me Brow: Now, I've mentioned before that aside from plucking, I don't touch my brows. I want to see, however, the difference this will make. I have dark brown brows, but decided to get the color Soft Browny Browns, which is a little lighter. I don't necessarily want to make my brows look darker, but rather fluffy and fuller. So far, I really like it and I plan on using this in the future.

It is really easy to use, keeps my brows shaped, and does exactly what it needs to do. For $3.00, what's not to like?

2.) Pure Nude Highlighter:
I've been testing this out for a couple of days, and while I did have to adjust my eyes to a more subtle highlight, I found that i really liked the effect. When swatched, the highlighter reads very yellow on my skin, but when blended out, it gives off a pearly sheen. There is a natural, classic, feel to this powder, as if it comes out of a different decade. I do feel that is lasts on the skin.

My only other "subtle" highlighter is WnW Reserve Your Cabana, (RYC) but they are completely different products. I've swatched them both below:




As you can see, RYC is lighter, more matte, while Pure Nude is reflective, and you can definitely see that yellow/orange tint.

I really like the Pure Nude highlighter. It cost me $5.00. I probably would not repurchase because I do have so many highlighters already, but if I ever was in need of one, and just wanted subtlety, I would not even think about splurging on higher end ones, while this is available.

3.) Lash Princess, False Lash Effect mascara. Okay, I want to start by saying I really loved the packaging on this. The corset-y design on the cap is rubberized, and makes it really easy to to grip. The brush itself is tapered, but not drastically so. I do feel it creates a dramatic effect with just one coat, and the design of the bristles makes it easier to reach all of my lashes. This was a good purchase, and for five dollars, I would happily repurchase.

4.) Metal Lipstick in Iron Maiden. I saved the most exciting (for me) for last. This was completely an impulse buy, but I am so glad that I ended up buying it. This five dollar lipstick is part of a completely metallic line of blues, yellows, greens, and pinks. Iron-maiden, a rose-gold with greyish undertones, was the most neutral, and I was afraid it would skew a bit orange. Not the case at all.

The formula is creamy, not heavy, and there is no discernible smell or taste. It does not last as long as my other lipsticks- like maybe 2 hours, but I don't care. It's lovely. It does not dry out the lips, either.

I have swatches below.




I also compared it to one of Bite Beauty's holiday duos from last year, as some of them had metallic shades. Specifically, I was obsessed with Bronze, and thought that I would never find another brand to make something to glittery and metallic. But I was wrong.

All in all, Essence is a solid affordable brand that I highly recommend, especially for those products that higher-end brands sell, but there's no real reason to splurge for them. I am specifically talking about mascara and brow gel here.

I know I am not always going to be in the mood for a subtle highlight, but when I am, the Pure Nude highlighter will be perfect.

As for the lipstick, I know I will use this up quickly, but that's okay. I will happily buy a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig