Saturday, November 11, 2017

Last Phase of the Declutter! Two eyeshadow palettes.

I've tested two eyeshadow palettes that I feel have been on the chopping block for a long time, but after trying both of them out one last time, I am pretty certain in my decision to nix them.

One is the Urban Decay Pulp Fiction palette. Honestly, I just feel that I waited too long to use this palette, or the mattes are just not for me and don't perform the best on my eye. They get really muddy and are very soft, which is not something I necessarily need. Furthermore, I just feel like the colors were getting dull. So, even though this appealed greatly to my movie-loving self, as eyeshadows I needed to let it go.

Lastly, I got rid of The Balm's Meet Matte Nude palette. I just can't with the shadows from The Balm. I just don't like them- the pans are huge, and though the dark browns perform okay, I've got dark browns in many palettes. And Matt Singh, a matte salmon shade, hardly shows up on the skin. It's ridiculous.

It has to be my mantra from now on to stay away from The Balm. Especially because they can be always found at such a low price at Nordstrom Rack, Marshall's, Burlington Coat Factory, etc. Tempting, but not worth it.

Overall, I feel better about the amount of palettes in my collection right now.

I own three higher-end eyeshadow palettes:

  1. Modern Renaissance
  2. Eyes Cream palette
  3. Queen of Hearts palette
two smaller discounted higher-end palettes:
  1. The Tease by Marc Jacobs
  2. Tarteist Pro to Go
and five small drugstore palettes:
  1. Maybelline x Shayla City Mini
  2. Downtown Sunrise City Mini
  3. Must Have Metallics by Milani
  4. WnW Greed palette
  5. WnW matte palette
and one large z-palette.


No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig