Saturday, November 18, 2017

[Updated 11/18 with reviews] Ipsy November 2017 Product Reveal and Reactions



1.) Let's begin with the Too Faced Primer Spray, which is worth $.50. This means that the bottle will be tiny, and I am hardly going to get any decent use out of this. Which is whatever. I just bought an awesome setting spray from Hard Candy, and I have been using Cerave day cream as my moisturizer/primer. So this is not going to make a difference in my life.
Review: This smells exactly like the primer in lotion form, which is a nice smell. I needed a couple of spritzes to cover my face this morning, so I honestly don't know how much product is left. I really can't make a judgement call at this point, other than it did feel cooling on the skin. But that hardly convinces me to buy it. 

There has been a lot of discussion lately about the expectations for sample sizes, and my own thinking is that Ipsy does owe it to its customers to not send embarrassingly small products. Because this is not a "sample" in the traditional context, it is still a service. This spray was hardly of any value, did not add anything really to the bag, and was a shame. 

2.) Naked Cosmetics loose eyeshadow in Mother Nature #06. $15.00  have gotten a champagne pink shimmer from them before, and it was okay. I am not sure about the color on this though. I have tons of variation on the same blue-brown pigment...
Review: I've swatched and applied this eyeshadow and it is quite beautiful. The product itself is very messy, because it is a loose highlighter with lots of glitter, and it required me to us Pixie Epoxy. The finished look was okay, but not something I am going to use every day. Not thrilled with it. 

3.) Tini Beauty highlighter stick- reddit could not find a price, but it is 3.5 g of product, which is not a lot. I assume this is a sample size, and would price it at about $3- $5.00. Now, I have tried a single eyeshadow from Tini Beauty before and really liked it. So I have hopes, even though I don't tend to like cream highlighters.
Review: I am not going to use it. The shine is not intense, it feels greasy, and I can not get over the smell. It's horrible. 

4.) Crown Brush, $5.69. I could always use another brush in my collection, so this is much appreciated.
Review: This is a nice brush. I will happily continue to use this.

5.) Tarte deluxe sample blush in ??? color has not been revealed yet, $7.77. I am kind of excited to be trying out a tarte blush for the first time, and actually I hope I can depot it for my blush palette. If I had to choose, I am hoping for "Quirky".
Review: I did not get Quirky, but Feisty, a vivid matte peach. I really like this blush. It is not patchy as some Tarte blushes are, but very easy to blend. Winner!

Total bag value: about $32.00. Not too bad, and similar to last month. Of course, the real value is determined by how much I actually enjoy these products. But more on that later.
Overall: A lot of disappointments in this bag, but not enough to warrant a cancellation. We'll see what December brings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig