Saturday, November 18, 2017

Emergency TMO: KvD Mini Metal Matte palette!!!

I am calling an emergency TMO because the news of this palette just dropped. This palette is:

The mini Metal Matte palette, which will retail for $39. It contains 5 Metal Crush shades, and five mattes. The original Metal Matte palette, limited addition, cost $60, and instead of ten shades, contained 22 (9 metal crush and 13 matte).


Now, "Synergy" and "Flash" were also in the original palette, as well as ALL of the matte shades. This means the "new" additions are Thunderstruck, a red-purple shimmer either called Raw Power or Man Power...can't tell, and the pink shimmer called (I think) Doce.

Might I make a prediction and say she she will also drop another one of these that is the "cool" version?

Okay, so I needed to do a quick TMO because I really wanted to buy this. I missed out on buying the Metal Matte original, and this is a mini version, and everyone loves minis!

But I need to take a step back. Because the more I think about it, the more problems I see.

One. The mattes were of a weaker formula than the Metal Crush shadows.

Two. I don't think there is enough shade variety among Bone, Feather, and Suede. It's all very light, and seems like a waste (see my TMOs of ALL the Coloured Raine mini palettes).

Three. 39 dollars. That's not a mini palette price. My standard is Tarte's Pro to Go, which cost twenty something. Because the original was so huge, this one is more along the size of an average palette.

Again, it is very warm, with shimmers that are not that interesting. For me, this is a weaker version of the Queen of Hearts palette. I have this.

I also have this in the form of the Tarte Pro to Go, which I would buy instead. Seriously. All the mattes are lovely, and there is a Bronze shimmer shade in their that is so complex and beautiful I cannot recommend it enough.

Four. The mattes are paired strangely with the shimmers. In this one, they are grouped according to color, instead of what you could pair on the lid/crease.

FINALLY, she sells her thundercrunch (lol) eyeshadow in singles. Yes, they are expensive, but less than this palette, and you would get a lot more use of one color you love, rather than a bunch you sort of like, or don't even really need because you do have dupes of this in your collection.

Whoo. Safely averted. Nice try, KvD. Let's see Metal Matte 2, or better yet, an actual permanent palette. byeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig