Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Battle of Maybelline Concealers

So I noticed that I have three concealers in my collection, and all of them are Maybelline. Today I thought I would review each of them, and ultimately decide which of the three I think is best.


(l-r) Master Conceal, Better Skin, Age Rewind
 Let's go in order of the swatches.

First up is Master Conceal by Face Studio, Camouflaging Concealer, in Fair. It contains 12 mL of product, and sells for $7-$8..00. The product is dispensed through a narrow squeeze tube. It is a little warm toned for me, but it is the lightest of the three. This was recommended as a drug store "dupe" for Tarte's Shape Tape concealer, by LivLovesHerMakeup. I've never used Shape Tape, but was interested in its purported coverage and staying power.

A main ingredient of this is dimethicone, and that for me is a huge factor for this not working out. The dimethicone gives this a smooth, mousse- like texture that it is easy to blend out, but it will break apart so easily on my face. It performs especially poorly as an undereye concealer, as my bottom eyelid and undereye area are both textued. The coverage was good at first, but faded quickly. This one was a fail for me . :(

Next, we have Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin foundation. This one comes in a bottle with a doefoot applicator. The one swatched below is in the color 01 Ivory, and contains 7.5 mL, and sells for $8-9. This one also contains dimethicone, but I don't think as much as the aforementioned one- I like the formula of this a lot more. Though it appears to be the darkest of the three (all of which are very light), it works well on the eye, blends easily, and does stay on pretty long. In terms of coverage, I would say it provides half the coverage of the first concealer, but for my particular needs this is fine with me. It does not feel as heavy as the Master Conceal. Furthermore, it has the best shade range of all products (albeit still limited), being the only offering that has a deep shade.

Finally, we have my third purchase of Age Rewind. It contains 6.0 mL of product, and costs $7-9 dollars. The swatch below shows how pink this is. The applicator and container, though, is a huge draw, because it does not waste any product. I have used this a lot, but sometimes think it is too pink, or sometimes think I can't really see a a brightening effect. It does wear well on the skin, though, and has the same amount of coverage as the Master Conceal.
same order, no flash. 
To wrap up, Master Conceal was a total dud. I've been using Better Skin for a couple of days now, and really do enjoy the look and feel of it. I think it is tied with Age Rewind, as both are great concealers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig