Saturday, October 7, 2017

Me When I Saw the Urban Decay Holiday Palette 2017

The new Urban Decay Holiday 2017 palette:


Me:



I feel as though I was just talking about how UD has been oddly silent on what they were rolling out for Holiday 2017. And here we are.

So, yeah. I'm not buying this. Nooooooooo.

Yes, it's metallic. And I love a good shimmer. It's colorful. It's also neutral. But let's put that aside and do a good old fashioned TMO:

1.) The packaging is a disaster. I repeat: a disaster. It's basically one long tray with a mirror in the middle of two pairs of eyeshadow rows on either end. So how are you supposed to use this, or even hold it? And it looks like it comes with a lid or sleeve or something. This is so unpractical that I actually find it quite ugly to look at.

2.) Don't know what the price will be, but I promise it will be too expensive.

3.) Color selection: I recently learned a secret about shimmer eyeshadows. Let's say you have two bronze shimmer eyeshadows- one is slightly more red-toned than the other. But guess what? Does it make a bit of difference on your eye? Nope! I'm going to try and count the number of repeat pairs in this palette. And I know one has a slightly different tone than the other. My point is that it is unnecessary. If they omitted all the repeats and just went with less colors, they could have charged you less!

So, the two metallic blues, the two metallic purples, the two metallic red-tones, the three golds! It's way too much.

I myself am a gold eyeshadow junkie, but seeing this infuriates me. When I had the BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes (1), I did end up depotting them, and then I found myself gradually decluttering more and more because the repeating/close shades were frustrating me. I find this palette to be frustrating.

Even if the swatches are amazing- which I don't doubt they would be as shimmer shadows swatch very well- I wouldn't let them convince you alone. Sometimes shimmers will swatch very well, but on a small surface area such as they eyelid, they may not perform the same.

It's kind of disappointing UD went this route for the holidays- on one hand they did something different than their usual releases, but in a very boring, lackluster way.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig