Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Makeup Confessions Tag

I watched a YouTube video by Kelly Gooch today, in which she talked about her "makeup confessions," or cult-faves that she's never tried.

I thought I would do that today.

1. I have never bought an Urban Decay Naked palette- in any iteration- and I probably never will. I just don't think the palettes are extraordinarily interesting, and I have so much eyeshadow already that I'm good. And I don't know if this is something that is specific to me or not, but I just don't think UD has great shade variety within their own palettes. There are a lot of repeats.

2. Morphe- I talked about this before in brands I will not buy from. Marketing tactics aside, I hate the idea of these large palettes. I am very indecisive, and I know I will never use up all that product.

3. Kat von D Shade and Light- both face and eye contour palettes. So... I actually did have the opportunity to buy a half-off shade and light contour palette from TJ Maxx today, but then I thought better of it. In all these palette collection/declutter videos I see, everyone only uses up the section of the contour palette that suits their skin tone. They won't use up the rest and it is such a waste of money. Why couldn't she just come out with duos according to skin tone- make them $15 and call it a day! But nope. Any way, not only do I not like her formula, I just don't need those cult-favorite products in my life.

4. I have also never tried the Estee Lauder double wear foundation. Before I got into makeup, my life was this

and this
Both of these stupid foundations are super runny with the worst possible glass containers, and no pump. They also oxidized. And if I remember correctly, I wouldn't actually use foundation as foundation- I would use it as concealer and just blend it over a blemish...lol...I actually remember not knowing the difference between foundation and concealer!

But where was I ? Ah yeah,  expensive foundations. Now, I can see why this is totally worth dropping $$ on, and I understand why people do it. And who knows? Once I am done with my Ordinary Foundation, I would give it a try. It's just that a $11 foundation is far more appealing to me than a $42 one.

5. Also, I have never bought a Chocolate Bar palette. Any of them. There was a time when the Semi-Sweet was pretty tempting, I can't lie, but the reviews were not great, and the colors really repetitive. I have to keep reminding myself about that, too, to stave off the temptation.

6. I've never bought a Tartelette palette, including in Bloom.
Now, I have nothing against permanent Tarte palettes. But those seem- like the Naked ones- like starter palettes and I am already beyond that point. I have those colors.

7. I have never tried the Nars blush in Orgasm. I never really had a specific aim with my blush collection- I like matte and shimmer blushes, and I feel as though I have a pink-peachy blush already with golden shimmer. My blush collection is not huge, but I still feel as though I have more blush than a person would need.

8. Like Kelly, I have never tried Mac cosmetics. I've come close, a couple of times. The Star Trek collection almost got me. But, I just don't think their quality is all that consistent or impressive. And while same collections are very appealing to me, the constant churning out of products and collections is exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig