Sunday, October 8, 2017

"All the Damn Palettes" tag!



One of my favorite makeup bloggers, Makeupstruggles, posted a collab video with another blogger I quite like, Georgia Harris. Basically, the collab was a compilation of all the eyeshadow palette tags in existence.


Being an eyeshadow junkie myself, I decided to join the fun! Remember, these all will be palettes that are/once have been in my possession, and purchased by me.


Palette Tag #1:


1. Best packaging:

I am not really a sucker for packaging, but my Marc Jacobs seven-pan palette in The Tease (202), has such nice packaging. Though Marc Jacobs is an asshole, and I would not buy a single thing from him ever again (discounted or not), I have to admit that the packaging is sleek and luxe.


2. Color Payoff:

I don't think the intensity of pigmentation necessarily means the shadow is good for you, but my Milani Palette in Must Have Metallics is insane. To the point where they need glitter glue, and even outshine my more expensive metallic shadows.


3. Most Versatile

Hands down, my Dose of Colors EyesCream Palette. I can create simple neutral looks, or very glimmery colorful looks. This palette inspires a lot of creativity.


4. Best for Traveling

Though I don't travel a lot, the Tarte Tarteist Pro To Go palette has everything I love and want from a palette, in a mini size, with hard cardboard casing. It is excellent for travel, and you can create a variety of looks with it.


5. Biggest Regret

The Sephora Pantone Universe Watercolor Palette. I knew it was a mistake when I bought it- discounted for $19.99. I don't know what the hell I was thinking, but I ended up depotting a lot of shadows from it, before doing away with the whole thing.


6. Best Color Names:

I actually really like the names in Modern Renaissance. By naming the colors after different art techniques, materials, and artists, a lot of people learned about the history of art. Also, I totally feel like an artist when I reach for the different colors.


7. Least Used:

I try to really use my palettes as much as I can, but currently my least used palette is the aforementioned Marc Jacobs palette. I have to be in a cool-toned mood, and usually I wear warmer colors. However, I want to keep this palette because it is the only cool-toned palette in my collection. But I did wear it today, though!


8. Most Used:

I have been using my z-palette and singles a lot lately, but the Modern Renaissance is what I use the most. It's an excellent complement to all my shadows.



Part II!


1. Eyeliner, Brush, or Nothing:

If the brush is good, then brush! If the brush is bad, then I would rather have a slightly less expensive palette.


2. Palettes You've Hit Pan On:

Modern Renaissance, EyesCream Palette


3. Favorite Urban Decay Naked Palette

None! The only UD palette I have is the Pulp Fiction palette.


4. Favorite Holiday/Limited Edition

Oh no, I don't own any.


5. Would Repurchase or Have a Backup:

I actually did buy a backup of the Wet 'n Wild Greed palette, for that yummy salmon/orange matte shade.


6. Shade You Wish Was Sold Individually:

See above- Wet 'n Wild needs to do something about that, and make it a single! Also, Cone from the Dose of Colors EyesCream palette. And Drive from the Tarte Pro to Go palette.


7. Wild Cart/Biggest Regret:

Another regret I have is the Sleek Goodnight Sweetheart Palette. People made such a stink over this, for nothing.


8. Palette I'd Recommend to a Friend:

I sound like a broken record, but the Pro to Go Palette. It's very glam but also a low-maintenance palette.


And finally....Part III!

Another Palette Tag


1. 1st Palette Ever:

The Balm Nude Tude Palette


2. Most Recent Purchase

Wet 'n Wild's (discontinued...) I <3 Matte Palette


3. Regret Missing Out On:

I would not have bought the Modern Renaissance if I knew about the Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts palette. Luckily, that palette is permanent, so I will probably get it once Modern Renaissance is done with. I also regret not being able to try the Master Palette by Mario, as well as Colour Pop's Yes Please palette.


4. Makes Me Happy to Look At:

My Okalan dupe of the Venus 2 palette. I am barely going to wear this palette, but the color scheme makes me happy.


5. Palette I've Changed My Mind About

Do decluttered palettes count? Because I went through two Kat Von D palettes, at first really loving them, and then coming to the conclusion that I can't stand her shadows.


6. Biggest Surprise

That Wet 'n Wild 6-pan palette


7. Inspires Me the Most

Honestly the Mod Ren palette inspires me the most, because I just love bringing in supplemental palettes and singles. Without the Modern Renaissance, none of those would be possible.


8. No Fail Palette

I don't know. None of my palettes are really all that comprehensive. I have to constantly bring in a lot of stuff. I know that many people do not like having to do that, but I don't mind.


9. On My Wishlist

I kind of what that Laura Mercier artist palette. I know it's totally ridiculous, but I am just so curious.

1 comment:

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig