Saturday, October 14, 2017

Golden Modern Renaissance EoTD (w/ pictures!)

Today I liked my eye look a lot, so much so that I actually tried to take decent pictures. The look today involved some old and new favorites, so I'll talk about all of that now!

Here is the look:

I used the Wet n Wild eyeshadow primer all over my eye, and then Tempera from the MR palette to set it. I have nearly entirely panned all of Tempera.

In the crease I have a mix of Raw Sienna (mostly) and Burnt Orange. They are very close in terms of color, but for some reason I favor Burnt Orange. As a way to use up more of Raw Sienna, I've just been more conscious of incorporating it into eye looks.

Realgar and Red Ochre are on the outer corner and blended into the crease. 

I then took Too Faced Glitter Insurance on the lid and packed on top a gold shade depotted from the BH Cosmetics 28 Foil shadows. 

In the inner corner, and along the bottom lash line, I used Primavera, the gold shimmer from MR.

After putting on my makeup, I headed over to Target and made an impulse purchase- the L'Oreal Metallic Eyeshadow Singles. I don't have an official review yet, but I did buy Rose Chrome and just put it over the gold shade on my eye. I really liked the effect of it all, and these are pictures of my eyes at the end of the day, after about 10 hours. 




I am trying very hard to pan Primavera, and have't gotten there yet. I like, though, this idea of shimmer on my bottom lid- I can't use liner or color because that just closes my eyes up, so gold shimmer had a nice effect.

Additionally, I still stand by MR, and still feel that for me this is a palette that inspires creativity and makes great eye looks. My phone kind of washes out my eyes, so it's hard to tell from the pictures alone, but I just feel like I have to work less hard at creating something pretty with the Modern Renaissance.

Finally, the newest addition to my single eyeshadow collection:




After I took my eye makeup off, I put this on the lid to see what it would look like. Not only is it long-lasting, it is perfect when I want some shimmer and subtle color on my eye, without feeling like there is nothing there. I do have "wash of shimmer/color" shadows, and I don't like using them. Rose Chrome does sort of blend into my skin-tone, but it still feels pigmented. I feel like this is a good purchase, especially for work. I also love the design of the pan. 

Over all, it probably seems like I have a very limited range when it comes to eye looks that I like- and I do. My favorites so far have always incorporated gold and browns and oranges- though I do like cool tones once in a while. 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig