Saturday, October 7, 2017

Wet 'n Wild: Fair Trade Coffee Trio

If you don't see how reading a review of a discontinued product from 2015 is useful for you, then I totally understand. Feel free not to read.

For me, this is useful to write because I've got a weird collector/treasure hunter mentality about discontinued Wet 'n Wild products.

It started when I bought their elusive six-pan palettes for less than a dollar on Amazon.

And then came Kimberly Clark, one of my favorite YouTubers who swore  up and down that the highlighter from this trio was one of her HG highlighters.

I love Wet 'n Wild, but never paid much attention to their makeup in the past. I am shuddering to think about all I missed out on. After buying the Greed palette, and hearing about this trio, I paid another visit to Amazon, to see if there was a chance of someone selling the product.

And there was! I bought it for $5.00, and it's still on Amazon!

But was it worth it?

Let me first show you the swatches:



If I did not have so many highlighters and bronzers and blushes already, I'd be buying a backup of this on Amazon. It's special.

The formula is very soft and creamy, to the point where the blush and bronzer have a satin effect. The blush is very cool on me, which I like a lot, and the bronzer could read a little orange if I overdo it. If I use it with a light hand, it's all good.

But the highlighter? It's stunning. The creamy consistency really lends itself to a beautiful effect, and even though there is microshimmer, it's not chunky or glittery. Just finely milled sparkle.

If you can, I would snap this up immediately. It's an excellent product, and Wet 'n Wild needs to make some of this stuff permanent. I'm getting tired of hunting down discontinued gems. I even- in a moment of madness- bought the I Love Matte palette (re-released as Drinking a Glass of Shine) that was released a while ago. Like, a whiiiiile ago.  Here's hoping it's still safe to use.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig