Friday, October 20, 2017

Holiday Palettes I *Actually* Want?

So, I've been pretty darn good about avoiding all holiday/upcoming brand releases. I haven't bought a single thing. However, the following palettes have been pretty persuasive. While I will attempt to TMO them, I am probably going to end up purchasing no more than one of these palettes.

Let's go!

1.) The Balm The Daily Press Palette
A post shared by TRENDMOOD (@trendmood1) on
Now, I would get this palette primarily because of the packaging. I honestly do have these colors, and if the formula is the same as the Balm Appetit formula, that could be off-putting to me, as I heard those were rather bad. I am not normally swayed by packing, but I like the Newspaper theme. I don't like how many of the shadow names are just synonyms of the same word....hmmm....this is looking pretty unimpressive by the minute.

2. The Dreamy Eyeshadow Palette by the Italian brand Nabla cosmetics. When converted to dollars and without shipping, it costs almost $38.00. This is the palette:
A post shared by TRENDMOOD (@trendmood1) on

To me, this is a dupe or very similar to the Queen of Hearts palette by Coloured Raine. This is perhaps a bit more warmer and muted, I think, but I would definitely be willing to try this one out. It is gorgeous. I mean, I would also be willing to buy the Queen of Hearts palette, after pining after it for so long, it just depends on my mood.

3. Urban Decay Troublemaker Palette
My reasons for wanting this one are weird. Besides the fact that I prefer mini palettes, it reminds me so much of the Urban Decay Pulp Fiction palette, just for the black/white duo and the format of the palette:


A post shared by TRENDMOOD (@trendmood1) on
I think this palette- which has the frustrating black/white duo (which I think they're just trying to get rid of at this point) - makes a lot of sense to me. If it is quality, I would totally be willing to buy it. The only problem is I can dupe 80% of this palette....but we'll see. I really enjoy the color combinations they are offering here. And I would get a kick out of using it with the PF palette.

And finally, I would want to buy:

4. The upcoming Wet 'n Wild reformulated palettes:
A post shared by @makeupcrayz on

I mean, if these are any good, and Wet 'n Wild can really nail mattes, I would probably end up getting all of them, or more realistically, two of them. They are nice revisions to their already-existing products.

Why don't we do a quick run of palettes that I am not going anywhere near:

1.) The Gigi Hadid mess. Not going to support her. Not going to support a company charging $30 for a drugstore makeup palette. Especially not for neutral.

2.) Violet Voss all taupe palette. It is literally variations on the same shade of brown. My head is spinning. Pass.

3.) The resurrected Dose of Colors Hidden Treasure palette. So they are going to re-release it, without fixing the mess that is those pans? Colors are a bit neutral and commonplace for me, but I especially would not want to deal with such an eyesore.

4.) The Fenty Beauty Galaxy Palette. Now I am all for this brand. As soon as I run out of my foundation, I'll give hers a try. But this palette? I do my makeup at five in the morning, and working with glitter at five in the morning is not my idea of fun.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig