Sunday, October 15, 2017

FoTD (text post): All Matte


Today was a rather dreary day, and I did not feel like doing much with my makeup. I didn’t wear any face primer, or glittery eyeahadow. However, I do feel like my makeup looked pretty good. Let’s go over it shall we:

Eyes:

Today’s eyelook was a combination of three palettes. Now, I know a lot of people hate doing this, but as I’ve said before, I don’t really mind it, as usually I am working with smaller palettes anyway, because I own mostly small palettes. The three palettes were:

  1. Tarteist Pro To Go: Drive- A rosey, dusty, light brown shade used in the crease and all over the lid. This is is beautiful, simple color, that I feel is a dupe for a Colourpop shadow that I used up- I forget the name of it. Unlike the colourpop super shock shadow, though, this one blended with the other colors beautifully.
  2. Dose of Colours EyesCream Palette: Berries n Cream: On tbe brow bone. In pictures with flash, this looks a lot brighter than it actually is. Cone: The best matte in this palette. A sister shadow to Drive, I feel, because of how nicely the two work together. This was blended into the crease. Fudge..a dark brown matte that I tried to use in the outer corner. I don’t know....this one was not impressive. Very dry and powdery and did not really stick or blend well with this combination of shadows.
  3. Meet Matt(e) Nude: Matt Garcia. In my head I call this shade “Cherry Garcia” after the Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream, because this is a red-toned (cherry) brown shade. I pulled this in after after Fudge was being disappointing.
  4. I also used Rose Chrome, my new shadow from L’Oreal, on the lid to see what it would look like with shimmer, and it did not really wear well. I like this shade far more when it is by itself.

On my face I used:

5. Fyrinnae’s Blush in Mesmerize: I wanted some color on my face to counter the neutrality of my eye look, and I love this warm purple toned blush. I am very close to using this up completely!
6. Wet ‘n Wild highlighter in Royal Calyx: A shimmering lavendar-blue highlight that is not too intense.
7. My Life’s Entropy Cosmetics Contour Stick in Proton: On the hollows on my face and above my temples. I’ve never used this on my forehead before in the typical “youtuber” fashion, but I liked it as opposed to bronzer! I still like the bronzers I have, I just didn’t feel like using it today.
8. The Ordinary Serum Foundation: Still trying to use this up. I still think it’s a decent foundation, and it does not break me out- though I’ve read plenty of reviews where people have had that experience. As of now, I’d be willing to try the Fenty foundation after.

9. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Original Black, w/ curved wand. Usually I alternate using this with my Lash Paradise. I don’t like it as much, but I do find it helps as my lashes are pretty curled naturally.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig