Sunday, October 8, 2017

Small Haul (WnW and Hard Candy) and Reviews!


Today in my local Walmart there was a Wet 'n Wild (WnW) holiday display, and boy it was ransacked. Still, I was able to get my hands on Royal Calyx. I wanted a duochrome highlighter with a touch of blue/lavender, and this got reasonable (but now glowing) reviews. 

Though this is the same design and weight as Precious Petals (the other megaglow highlighter I own), I think the formula is rather different. While Precious Petals feels creamy and smooth, Royal Calyx was slightly dry and grittier. 

Still, I thought it was really pretty on my face. It did not really emphasize texture. 

I also picked up a Hard Candy lipstick, because I did hear the reviews for the cream lipsticks were quite positive. 

The shade I purchased was Bloodline, because it reminded me of Klingon Blood Wine. It is super creamy- almost melts on the mouth- and is incredibly rich and pigmented. My skin is pretty light, so I have to be extra careful with this to avoid staining the skin around my mouth. 

Below, I have comparison swatches. 

The first lipstick I have swatched is one I thought would be a potential dupe for Bloodline- Coloured Raine lipstick in Soul. Soul as you can see is lighter and greyer, and not as glossy. Bloodline, the swatch below it, is much more red-toned and glossier. By the end of the day, there is still a faint stain from Bloodline on my arm, while Soul is completely gone. 




I also have swatched my two WnW megaglow highighters- Royal Calyx on top, and Precious Petals on the bottom. As you can see, Precious Petals has a more concentrated swipe and intense shine and pigmentation. Royal Calyx is a but more subtle- which may actually work, considering the kind of color it is.

The WnW Highlighter cost $5.00, and the Hard Candy Lipstick about $6.00. I think both are worth it, but I have to get a better grasp on the lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig