Saturday, October 28, 2017

The Weekend in Review

As I've noted before, the weekend is great time to experiment with products, because I have a lot of extra time on my hands. That being said, I came to some conclusions about some of the items in my collection.

1.) I am not really a fan of the Wet n Wild photo focus foundation. I really can't get used to the smell, and it just sits on top of my skin. I did not think it was a great color match, so today I blended it with my Manic Panic white mixer, and the result was cakey. I don't know what I am going to do, I really just dislike this foundation. I think I will probably give it one more chance, and then I am just going to declutter it.

2.) I really love the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base. So. I used up my Too Faced face primer, and am currently using one I got from ipsy as an alternative. But I also have this, and feel that it works really well with The Ordinary Serum foundation. I will be using this throughout the week.

3.) Another love- my Shiseido bronzer. This is the third bronzer in my collection- the other two are drug-store cult faves: Butter Bronzer and NYC Sunny. Both I feel disappear very quickly, but not the Shiseido one. It is the oil-free bronzer, and looks beautiful on the skin. Also, I got it from Amazon for $10...so...total win.

4.) The shade Cone from the Dose of Colors EyesCream palette is a matte I love to wear on the lid, and I'll be so sad when it is used up. I am already on the hunt for possible quality dupes, but have come across nothing so far. I mean, it is a rose-toned brown, so how hard will that be to find?

5.) To use up the eyeliner samples in my collection, I resumed an old practice. I used to be even worse with liquid liner, so I would line the outer part of my lid with a pencil liner to get a straight line, and then the inner segment with the liquid liner. I think this is a good practice and works for me, so I am going to keep doing this.

6.) The only dud from the Tarina Tarantino Dollskin blush palette is Candy Cameo- it gets hard pan, has no pigmentation, and chunks of glitter. I would look into a replacement blush to complete my palette, but at the moment I can't be bothered...it would be an indie, though.

7.) The Royal Calyx shade from the Wet 'n Wild collection can be mixed with other highlighters. My favorite highlighter to mix with others is the Mary Loumanizer, as I am trying very hard to pan this highlighter. Royal Calyx is quite pretty, but is rather sheer.

Palettes I have used this week include:
Reds from the Modern Renaissance
all of the Tarte Pro to Go Palette (love this palette)
Cone from the EyesCream palette
shades from the Urban Decay Pulp Fiction palette, which I am not as attached to anymore. I wanted it desperately because of the film, but I find the mattes not as interesting as the ones I do own. I will keep it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig