Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Highlighters I've Decluttered

I was never a highlighter person, until this year, when the makeup floodgates were open. I never realized before that there was shimmery powder available to put on your face, and once I did learn this I was very excited.

I feel I do own a lot of highlighters, but I've decluttered a few that I wanted to talk about.
Let's go!


1.) Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight sample, pressed powder. I bought this from ebay, so I was using it not a 100% sure that it was legitimate, which I think affected the way I viewed the product on my face. Still, this is a too subtle powder that I feel does not really add anything noticeable to the face. I consider Reserve Your Cabana from WnW to be a subtle highlight, as it gives a sheen that is not sparkly. Candlelight did not impress me, so I ended up decluttering the sample (which still cost me $16...).

2.) Shiro Cosmetics, Vessel for Dissacharides. I've talked about decluttering this before on my blog, and I struggled with that decision, but I don't regret it. This highlighter was super sparkly, but though I liked the effect, there was no place for me to wear it. Even at home. It was then I realized I should have just gone with popular choices, like White Chocolate Frog, rather than make a blind purchase without reading any reviews.

3.) WnW, Boozy Brunch. This is the reputed dupe for one of Jaclyn Hill/Becca's collab shades. But it is far too dark for me. I tried to work with it, using a light hand, but I ended up giving this away to someone who could use it. It lightened my WnW highlighter collection a bit, but for the better.

4.) WnW, Rainbow Highlighter
I really liked the purple-blue segment of this highlighter, but that's it. The rest was messy and glittery. Mixing it all together made a silvery shade slightly green or grey. Not fun.

5.) Ittse Beauty Highlighter, Run the World. This came from ipsy, paired with Hustle and Glow. While Hustle and Glow is a creamy pale gold that is so beautiful and has excellent sheen, Run the World is just...bleh. It does not really have an intense shine, nor is it of a distinct shade. It's boring and has sparkles. But because this purchase is so relatively new, for now I've re-purposed it as an eyeshadow. But if I find that this new use for it is not working either, I will declutter it for the last time.

6.) Pixi by Petra Rose Gold duo. From ipsy.  I just could not stand the shade. From what I remember (as this was my earliest declutter) the highlighter shade had a strong white base that I really did not like, and I felt that there was hardly any pigmentation on either the blush or highlight side.

So that's it! Hope you enjoyed reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig