Wednesday, October 11, 2017

October Ipsy Glam Bag Reveal

Tonight I'll post the items I'll be getting for October 2017, and then re-post this with updates as I use the products.

September was an awesome month full of products I am still getting a lot of use out of.

Judging from people's initial reactions to their glam bags, I don't think October is very buzz-worthy.

But, let's take a lot at the products I am getting, and I'll try to put down my initial thoughts!

Update, 10/11/17. So I have used all of these products for a day, and I've got some thoughts about the glam bag! Please see the text in blue for my review. 




1. Urban Decay Black Eyeliner, Sample Size (.8 g) The sample size is a little larger than half of the full-size, but for simplicity's sake I'll price it at $10.00.

The way my eyes are shaped, I can only really use pencil liners to the outer corner of my eye, to the center. Then I used a liquid liner to line the rest of my eye. In that way, this was a perfectly fine liner that did not leak. I am just so not partial to crayon eyeliners. 

2. Sol de Janeiro sample size of the Bum Bum Cream (.81 oz) approximately a value of $4.55. I am so excited for this! I don't know if I would ever buy a full size of this cream, but if it smells good to me, I'd consider buying the fragrance. Who knows? This was the product of the summer, and I didn't see anyone else really with this in their bag. We'll see how it goes.

Honestly, I don't think the smell is that unique. I've definitely smelled this before- but I like it. For a lotion, the smell lasts all day, and it is quite moisturizing. While I wouldn't buy a tub of this lotion or even the fragrance spray, I will happily enjoy the rest of this. 

3. Meech and Mia Loose Eyeshadow in some sparkly color (1.2 g) value of $11.50. Meech and Mia is a new brand Ipsy has integrated into their system. I have heard literally nothing about this brand. I have so much eyeshadow as it is that I don't really care too much about this shadow.

Well color me wrong. Really wrong. I received the purple eyeshadow, a duochrome that reminds me of a Fyrinnae shadow. There is something really complex and indie about this eyeshadow, and I am so happily surprise. Total win!

4. Pretty Woman Nail Polish in Wine With Ice, Garcon. value of $8.00 This is a deeeeep oxblood color and I am here for it. Perfect for fall.

A nice color, minimal chipping on the first day, but the nature of my work really speeds up the chipping process. A solid polish, but not one I would have bought on my own. 

5. Finally, my very first experience with It Cosmetics, in the Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder, 3 g. value of $9.70. Also very curious about this powder!

So I should not have brought this to work. The product is quite fragile and it shattered in the pan. It is still usable, and a very nice product, I just can't bring it to work with me for touch-ups. 

All in all, my bag total is $43.75. Whether or not it truly is that value is according to how much use I get out of the products. Though I am not really that interested in the black pencil eyeliner, or the eyeshadow, everything else I am very curious about.

Overall, I think this bag was quite excellent and I am happy about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig