Monday, October 2, 2017

Look of the Day: October 2 (text)

For the 0 of you reading this, I hope you don't mind that I don't provide pictures of my face. By the time I sit down at night with a cup of tea to post these things, my makeup is long gone.

I would describe my look today as "cool-toned." I'll go ahead with a description and review of the products used:

Eyes:

1. Milani Eyeshadow Primer: I still enjoy this, and it currently the only primer I use. I am interested though, in branching out to more high-coverage primers, just to see what it's like.

2.Modern Renaissance Palette: Buon Fresco in the crease, Love Letter lightly blended in. I also brought in the Blueberry Swirl shade from the Dose of Colors EyesCream Palette to diffuse the strong pink. Over the lids I used my Ardency Inn Manuka Honey Pigment in Rose Gold.

For me, the Rose Gold shade instantly makes a look special, and I am really glad that I bought it. It's one of those shades that looks great with both warm and cool complementary colors.

I have to say, I was afraid that Buon Fresco would look a little muddy on me, but I've learned that the key with this palette it to take my time. The look was clear and lasted well on the eye. In terms of eyeliner, it's the same old story with the Physician's Formula liner, but for mascara I switched it up a bit with the Starlooks Volumizing Mascara. This stuff works really well with my lashes.

Face:

1. I used the Ordinary Serum Foundation, and the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. The foundation is about 60% finished, but I don't know if I would repurchase. I kind of want to try the Fenty one! I also used the Too Faced Rx Primer, but I don't know if I am in love with how it wears. I don't consider my makeup to be high coverage at all, but towards the end of the day- even with setting spray- it looked a little cakey. The primer is also almost done, and I would love to try something else. Nothing with silicone, though.

2. Highlighter: I used the Milani Strobelight highlighter, which I haven't used for a while. Such a pretty and luxe highlighter, and affordable, too! Creates a nice metallic effect, and I don't have to use much.

3. Blush: To go with my eyes, I went with my purple blush, Fyrinnae's Mesmerize. I also purchased a purple blush from the Korean brand It's Skin as a replacement, but I don't have much hope- it looks chalky and grey. I am still on the look out for a replacement warm purple blush, because I really like the look of it on the face.

4. Bronzer: Same old story- Butter Bronzer!

5. Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter- I use this on days when my skin feels greasier than normal, but I did not particularly feel any difference between that and the others I use.

6. Lips: Blistex Lip Serum, and Revelon Lip Butter in Fig Jam. Love Fig Jam- it's very pretty. The formula does dry my lips out, and I am wondering if I should just shell out for the much more expensive Black Honey by Clinique.

So that was it! A simple look with purple. No clue what I will feel like doing tomorrow! Sometimes I feel like I should challenge myself to using a palette, but at 5 o'clock in the morning my aim is to feel as comfortable as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig