Thursday, October 26, 2017

Fragrance Collection Post!

I honestly would have never thought that I'd be the type to collect fragrance. I didn't buy a proper perfume until I was 20, which was Lancome Poem (and not very good). I then- upon the recommendation of my mother- bought a body spray from Victoria's Secret, called Heavenly Stardust, which I still own and love today.

But over the years, I have amassed a small collection of fragrances that I want to share today. I am by no means an expert on fragrance, but I do have a rather sensitive nose and am prone to headaches, which does affect which perfume I like.

Let's begin!

This is my Anna Sui fragrance collection. The pink one is called Secret Wish Fairy Dance, which is a very fresh and springy perfume. It is fruity, but also has a woody earthy base, which I think I am drawn to.

The small bottle is Secret Wish, and that is much sweeter and tropical than Fairy Dance, for me. I don't wear it as much as the other two- but you can clearly see the sample bottle is almost used up. It smells like pineapple and florals, and I do enjoy it.

The purple bottle is La Vie Boheme, what I consider to be more of a serious and mature perfume compared to the other two. It is more heady, with more of a lingering musky scent, but with also a tart sweetness.

Prior to buying the two full size bottles, I had owned a full sample collection of a couple of her perfumes, and loved them all- except for La Nuit de Boheme and Flight of Fancy. Those were gross.

 I have two roll-on perfumes from Lavanilla. One is Coconut Vanilla, and the other Pure Vanilla. Both have notes of florals to them. I used to prefer the Pure Vanilla, but now I love the creaminess of the Coconut scent. Both last pretty long and are more complex than one would think.

I also have a couple of products from Demeter. The one pictured here is Sunshine- a bottle I picked up from TJ Maxx for $7.00. It smells like lemon and vanilla, and is a pleasant mix. I did not like this at first, but I have to sy it is growing on me.

A couple of years ago I also bought Amore Mio by Jeanne Arthes. It is a gourmand perfume, and when I wear it I think of chocolate liqueur and cherries. It is a romantic, but light, scent that I wear when I want to feel happy.
Lastly, I have two Demeter fragrance roll-on oils. Flowering Tonka has almost been used up completely- I love this perfume. It is hardly floral, but sweet and simple. I love the smell of tonka, and plan on purchasing this as a full size spray in the future.

I don't actually wear thunderstorm, but just smell it from time to time.

From inkling fragrance we have Unify, a very fresh scent that to me smells like clean laundry.

Then, we have a sample of Pretty Rotten by Tokyo Milk. It does smell like apples, and it is very musky, unique scent. I keep it mostly for what it smells like later through the day- it becomes very sweet and powdery and I love it.

So that was it! I think my collection is pretty eclectic, but I noticed that I really like sweet, powdery, woodsy, but also light smells.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig