Sunday, October 22, 2017

Makeup Organization Post


Hello!

Once in a while I like to post about the way I organize my makeup, and how it's changed over the last couple of months. I have two acrylic organizers- one to hold my brushes, eyeshadow palettes, and other miscellaneous things, and the one below, which is more for foundation and lips.

The picture below is from August 2017. Now, it has not changed very drastically, but I did use up a couple things, as well as declutter a couple of things that I had not talked about before.

So, let's begin!



Looking at the back of the organizer, one can spot the Estee Lauder Advanced Night repair. I have decluttered this because I've had this for over five years, was not using it, and it began to smell off. I did not purchase this myself- it was a gift. Did it work? It moisturized really well, and my skin looked healthier in the morning. But I would not recommend it as a wrinkle-reducer.

The blue bottle to the right of the EL serum is the Boscia cooling essence, which is also a moisturizer. It is also supposed to reduce redness because of its cooling effect. It certainly had a cooling effect, but the container is awful. The product gunked up around the top, and eventually screwing it off was impossible- it would not budge.

One can also see the top to The Ordinary's Retinoid 2%. Still using it and still loving it, almost used it up and will probably repurchase.

Lastly, I never much liked Bourjois' Healthy Mix Serum foundation. The color is too warm for me, and I have to use it with a mixer. It smells heavenly though, which is why I've had such a hard time decluttering it. I am hoping to use it more once it gets colder out and my skin gets drier. Planning to use it with a white mixer.

We'll skip over the lip product stuff- not a whole lot of interesting developments there.

The front contains all my primers and foundations. One can see Too Faceds Hangover Rx, which I used up completely. I am not going to repurchase, though. It felt nice and soothing on the skin, and is not a silicone based primer, but Ipsy sent me the LXMI creme du nil face primer, which is even better (but offensively expensive for me).

Decluttered the no poreblem primer from Ipsy because I hated the name, and it also felt like it was silicone-y.

I still am using the Maybelline concealer, though I don't think it is super impressive. I ended up repurchasing the Age Rewind because I like that one a little better! However, I still am on the hunt for a better concealer, as I don't think the Age Rewind has any brightening effects for me. With that in mind, I just purchased the Pixel Triple Boost Gel Concealer, because I love trying new brands, especially those recommended by Zabrena, whom I trust very much when it comes to reviews. We'll see how this one goes. If it does not end up working out, I will probably end up buying the Colourpop one, but not for a while...

That's it for now! I'll follow up with an overview of my other makeup organizer in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig