Friday, March 2, 2018

Coastal Scents Haul and Review + Face in Review

So my state is currently is getting hit by a storm..a nor'easter. It's really bad, especially for people living on the coast. While I still have internet, I thought I'd use the time I have to blog a bit about more trivial matters, like makeup.

Yesterday my Coastal Scents order arrived. The swatches are below:


From top to bottom, we have Caramelized, 18K Gold, Lakeshore, Pale Pollen, and Tangelo Tint.

1. Caramelized is a smooth, opaque, almost red-toned dark gold. I am very impressed by this one.

2. 18K is also smooth and bright, but sheerer than I imagined. Not as impressed as I thought I would be.

3. Lakeshore is a light blue duo-chrome with a strong gold shift. Pictures of this that I've seen show it a bit more grey-toned, but in person the blue seems a bit more vibrant. Overall nice quality.

4. Pale Pollen is a very light yellow shimmer. I can't decide how I am going to use this!

5. Tangelo Tint is one that I am very excited, and a shade I feel has a place in my spring collection. It is a vibrant yellow-orange, and has a drier formula that can be built up. I wore this all day today, and it held up well over primer. Strongly recommend this one!

Face in Review:

I am saving a discussion of my eye look for tomorrow, as I have some thoughts about the new eyeliner I used. It is Physician's Formula's dupe for Benefit's ill-fated Push-Up Liner. Yeah.

Instead, I wanted to talk about a choice in my technique today as a way to remedy something I noticed yesterday. In the car mirror after work, I noticed the skin around my eyes was drawn and very dry. And I knew it was going to be a colder day, so when I did my makeup, the thought occurred to me after I applied concealer, was to take L'Oreal's Magic Perfecting Base and blend that in as well. I found that by the end of the day, my skin around my eyes still felt hydrated and comfortable. It's taken a while for me to use this product, because I feel I save it some reason for special make-up occasions, but now I have another use for it.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig