Monday, March 12, 2018

Revlon Color Charge Highlighter: Review

While I was very unimpressed by the blush offering in Revlon's Color Charge line, I also purchased their highlighter, also a pretty expensive product. I bought it at Walgreens for $14, but it sells at Walmart for about $12. Strangely enough, it does not say how much product it contains on the packaging, and I really can't find information online. I am going to guess about 8 g, as the pan is about the same size as the Mary Lou-Manizer highlighter, which contains 8.5 g of product.

While the blush was awful, I was really surprised by how much I found myself liking the highlighter. It is a thinner, drier formula, much different from the thicker, wetter formulas I've been used to.

Before I get into my assessment, here are some pictures:


The packaging also contains space on the bottom for a brush, which is of pretty bad quality.






A swatch on my wrist, applied with a brush. Even though the highlight is not as intense as the others in my collection, it still appears on my face. The drier, thinner powder doesn't emphasize texture on the skin, which I find pretty nice. 

I applied it on my face at five in the morning (which was actually four because daylight savingsss) and when I got home 12 hours later, only a faint shimmer remained. 

Because I couldn't find actual details about how much product is actually in this, I am comparing the size of the pan to the Mary Lou-Manizer by The Balm, just to get some idea about product size. Of course, I can't tell the depth of the pan, so I could be way off. 


Overall, I actually enjoy this highlighter a lot, and plan to use it quite a bit. I have been so used to one type of highlighter formula that this is a nice change of pace. As I noted, it is not as intense as the others in my collection, but it is not that subtle, either. It has much more sheen than, for example, Essence Pure Nude.

I really was expecting to hate this based on the performance of the blush, but the highlighter is quite nice! I am not convinced it is worth $14, though. I think $10 would be a much fairer deal.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig