Sunday, March 25, 2018

Faves for February- March (+1 fail)

My faves continue to be a repetitive, because I keep purchasing what I like. Still, there have been some new items that I've really been enjoying.

My faves for the months of February and March are:

Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara: Yes, part of the reason I love it is because of its scent. It's got a lotion-y smell which I love, but don't necessarily smell coconut (as advertised). Still, it does an excellent job of adding color and definition, and some length, to my lashes, especially when they are being quite chaotic.

Aden + Anais Ultra-Gentle Lotion: I am in love with this lotion. It is exactly as advertised- gentle, with the softest, most neutral scent. It makes me think of clean warm blankets. It absorbs quickly and keeps my hands and legs soft. I bought this at TJ Maxx, but I most certainly will repurchase.

Wet 'n Wild Natural Finish Setting Spray: This is my third time buying this, but before it was just the one kind of setting spray. They now have Matte and Natural. This is identical to the original, just with a more aggressive sprayer. I need to hold this pretty far from my face so my face does not end up soaked. Still, it is my favorite formula of setting spray.

The Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette: I actually found one for $16, and I could not help myself. I love everything about this. I know Too Faced is accused of pandering to people, and yes, I am a total sucker for cute. But I also love and look best in rust and orange tones, so I am not mad at it.

Golden Rose Stick Foundation in the Shade # 01. This was a blind buy. I was really interested in stick foundation, and the ratings for this were rather high. So I got it. It is very creamy, but it is a great match and only a little is needed.

Jordana Sculpt N' Go Creamy Contour Stick in the Shade #01. I've been using this in conjunction with the cream foundation, as a bronzer, even though it is advertised as contour. I don't care. I like it a lot, and when I use it I feel like an instagram tutorial person.

Becca Lilac Geode Shimmering Skin Perfector. If there was one item in my entire stash that I would consider to be "my precioussss" this is it. I know I am going to pan it and use it up eventually but I don't care. It is so gorgeous and makes me look so naturally glowy I love it.

Sonia Kashuk Tools No. 1 Brush: This is the only brush I use for highlighting. It's very fluffy, but the ends of the bristles taper off to a point, so it is very easy to sweep this across the face and get a natural finish.

Elf x Christian Siriano Lip Oil in Pink: I know I did not mention this one before. His collection just dropped at Target, and I knew I wanted to get something from it, but I found the palettes a bit pricey, and definitely not up my alley. I opted to buy a lip oil, as I have never used one before. It's just sheer enough to cool down the color of my lips, and does moisturize. I quite like it.

One fail, which is not really so much a fail, is the elf Brow Pencil in Neutral Brown. The actual product is not too bad. I can't really load up my brows too much with color, because they are dark already. I just add a bit of color to the ends of them, to shape them. I didn't like this so much because of the spoolie- it is far too large and its bristles are far too soft for my liking.

So, that's it! In other news, Urban Decay has just released it's Bleached...I mean Beached palette, so you know I will be very excited to roast this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig