Wednesday, March 21, 2018

It's Time to Anti-Haul Again


Why? Because I've decreed it.

As per yoozsh, I've been squirreling away posts on products that I see on Instagram, until I've got enough to discuss.

We'll start with this new collab with Colourpop and a blogger I've never heard of. It's a summer/mermaid collection, comprised entirely of neutrals. There are two separate eyeshadow quads, one warm and one cool, which is smart, but I don't want this. It does not seem fun to me. Some pics are below:
Image result for colourpop mylifeaseva
So..summer?

Next is the $80 ofra All in One palette. Right off the bat, this claim is impossible. It's not going to be everyone's all in one. It appears to have three highlighters, including the one that looks like they already sell in a single, two bronzers, a contour, and some eyeshadows. Now, I have no desire to buy this because I have too much highlighter, I've got blush and contour. I'll concede that the eyeshadow colors are a lot of fun, especially compared to what else has come out so far. However, notice that the "fun" colors aren't mattes? I have a feeling that even though Ofra charges so much, it still has not worked out how to manufacture decent color mattes. Actually, this feeling can be corroborated by an excellent review on their last colorful large eyeshadow palette, by BelleBlushh, found here. Until Ofra can figure out matte eyeshadows, count me out.
Image result for trendmood ofra palette
Add caption
Moving on, the palette by Popsugar's (which is a brand of some sort allegedly) Beauty line looks super ridiculous and boring. It costs $42.  And I read they use the phrase "spirit animal" in their branding, so we're done. If you need a quick pic, here you go:

Image result for dawn eyeshadow palette pop sugar
Who though this was a good idea???


I am also not going to buy the Staple Palette by Give Me Glow Cosmetics. Though Makeup Struggles did not like this when it first came out, the brand is saying the shadows are reformulated, and the swatches look pretty nice. The palette is a tad expensive for my liking, at $54. Though I do like the color scheme, I pretty much have this palette in my Queen of Hearts palette, my Zodiac Palette, and my Colourpop and Coastal Scents singles.

Image result for give me glow staple palette


Let's end with a really difficult one for me. This one is the new stack by Melt, called Baby Girl. It is $58, comprised of reds and corals, and is inspired by Aaliyah. Now, this has been a really difficult palette to photograph, I think. All of the images I've seen online have this searing brightness to them. But if you get swatches of them in regular lighting, the palette looks pretty standard:
Image result for melt baby girl stack

Actually, Kelly Gooch on youtube was anti-hauling these today, and mentioned that she has a Colourpop single called Making Moves that mimics the vivid pink-coral tones of this palette. I have this as well! I also have tons of oranges and some reds in my collection courtesy of a couple of palettes, including the Modern Renaissance, so no, I would not pay $58. Even if I did not have those colors, I would opt for more affordable options because I simply do not see the value. 

Speaking of value, I am not going to add pics of Pat McGrath's newest release of 6-pan palettes, because I shocked really at how boring they were. So yeah. Just saying. It's not, quite literally, for me. 

So, that's my little anti-haul! Thanks for reading. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig