Friday, March 2, 2018

Physician's Formula Matte Lacquer Gel Eyeliner: Review

All I wanted was the Lash Serum eyeliner. But all the shops were out. And at Target, what was available was a curious new product by Physician's Formula (PF) that I paid $9.00 for but is now discounted at $5.00 on their website. The product? The Matte Lacquer Gel Eyeliner.

This is a design dupe (and probably a formula one, too?) for Benefit's much-maligned Push-Up Liner. I have never used that liner, but the name of the PF product intrigued me. I have eyes that are difficult to line. Would this make it easier for me?

Let's look at the applicator:


What you are looking at is a felt-like tip with a slanted edge, that contains a slit for the product to dispense out of, by twisting the end.

The problem is that the product does not come out as a solid that is the same shape of the slanted edge, but rather a ball of product.


I feel there is a huge learning curve to this product. It allows you to line very close to the lashline, but for me it is impossible to make a straight line all the way to the inner corner of my eye. I have to stop half way. This concept would work for people whose lids lie flat across the eye, but that is not the case for me.

The issue is I love the formula.



It dries down- but not immediately- and it will not budge.

So I am conflicted. This is by no means an easy product, and probably one that is going to be discontinued soon, but if Physician's Formula could find another way to repackage and sell the formula of this eye liner, I'd be a happy camper.

Until then, I am going to use this as I can, and perhaps get better at it as I go.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig