Friday, March 2, 2018

The "Makeup Mess" Tag!

After watching a couple of people do this tag, including the person who came up with it- Spooky Lips and Fat Hips- I was very interested in doing this tag as well!

1) How often do you wash your makeup brushes/sponges?

I like to wash my brushes every two weeks. As for sponges, I kind of gave up on them because they required more frequent washing.

2) How do you organize your makeup collection? 

I feel like I have a pretty good organization system, though it could be better. I use a small plastic three-drawer case to store eyeshadow single compacts (top level), face powder compacts (middle level), and face powder palettes (bottom level). I then have an acrylic organizer on top of that which has different segments. In each segment I keep lipstick, foundation/concealers/, and primers/sunscreens.

Finally, I have a wider and flatter acrylic organizer where I keep my eyebrushes, palettes, face powders/cream products that I am using up, as well as my face serums and oils. I have a separate container for mascara and brow stuff. Then I have two containers that used to be candles that hold my face brushes. 

I dunno. There's a lot of moving parts when it comes to how I organize my collection. It is a little chaotic, but I do know where everything is. 


3) Do you put your makeup products away after you are done using them, or leave them out for tomorrow? 

I do my makeup in the morning, and leave everything in a great mess on my desk. Then at night I reorganize everything. 

4) Loose or pressed powders? 

Pressed. The only loose face powders I use are the Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral powder, and the Coty Airspun. As for eyeshadow, the only loose ones I tolerate are Fyrinnae's. 

5) Do you ever fall asleep without taking your makeup off? 

I used to a lot, but I rarely do now. Once in a while I'll nap in makeup, but I'll never actually go to bed with makeup on.

6) What makeup “rules” do you like to break? 

I feel that, for me, I've been getting a bit more daring with blush placement. I'm not afraid to sweep it up higher towards my cheekbones.

I also really enjoy using a lighter, brighter color in my outer corner, instead of a darker one. I feel doing so makes my eyes looking bigger, instead of closing them off. 


7) Will you use a product even if it is cracked or broken?

Of course!


 8) Do you wait to pan a product completely before you replace it? 

Nope. I don't use products with the "replacement" mentality. That is, I have a lot in my collection and I try to use up what I have, and not worry about getting the same exact product. 

9) How do you feel about sharing makeup? 

Yeah, no. I am sorry. I don't consider myself a germaphobe, but I am not going to take risks. 

10) How do you feel about buying or trading used makeup? 

I've never done it, and I don't think I ever will. I think it's just a lot less stressful to buy the product. 

11) How often do you declutter makeup? 

Decluttering was once something I never even conceived of doing. Now it comes much more easily. Once a month, I'd day. Even if I did not buy anything that month. 

12) Do you use your fingers to apply makeup? 

Yes, in combination with brushes. 

13) What products, if any, do you hoard in your purse/bag/backpack etc? 

I bring to work one lip color, tons of lip balm (now that is a product I actually hoard), concealer, and Innisfree No-Sebum powder. Also deodorant, and Lavanilla rollerball perfume in Vanilla Coconut. 

14) What is your least favorite step in your makeup routine? 

Eyeliner :(  It is comparatively stressful and I am not good at it. 

15) What is your worst makeup memory?

Hm. Being in HS with foundation that was awful and not my color, and did nothing to cover blemishes (did not even know what concealer was at the time). 

Thanks for reading. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful post JMK. You has really asking very interesting questions and also write all the answers of each question is very carefully in this post. Every makeup lover will definitely love your post because everyone wants to learn easy tips how to care and use makeup brush kit.

    ReplyDelete

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig