Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sunday Night Update

Hi all!

I'm not a fan of Sunday nights too much. A lot of stressing about the week ahead, so I decided to relax a little by writing a post all about random things.

First, today I discovered that if you own the BH Cosmetics Zodiac Palette, in addition to excellent matte and shimmer shadows, you get an extremely pigmented highlighter that is basically a dupe for Becca's Vanilla Quartz. Need proof? Vanilla Quartz is a white gold with a yellow reflect. Now, these are swatches of the BH one:

Now, I was never going to buy Becca's Vanilla Quartz. But a full size of it costs less than this palette, which is something to keep in mind.

What else?

I did do a look on Saturday incorporating green, but I felt like I could not get a decent picture of it. I think I should have done an all matte look, rather than a shimmer on the lid, which can be a bit tricky to photograph. I'll see what pictures I have and decide if any are worth sharing.

In terms of what I used a lot this weekend, I continued using the bronzer/contour side of the Wet 'n Wilde Dulce de Leche duo. I really like it, especially as it is getting warmer out, the color is a bit more noticeable on my face, compared to the Shiseido bronzer, which is very light.

I was gifted a couple months ago a Kylie liquid lipstick mini. Today I decided to mix it with Elf's Christian Siriano gloss and I really liked the effect. The gloss is super hydrating and has some coverage, but it is a bubblegum pink shade. Because it is very sheer, I found it just cooled the tone of my lips. Mixing it with the Kylie gloss dries the formula a little bit, and makes the color look a bit warmer and darker. The dual color lip colors by Laniege came to mind when I did this.

This weekend eyes were nothing notable. My allergies were in full force so I didn't really feel like applying too much too my eyes.

Tomorrow I do plan a cooler look, somehow using Glass Bull by Colour Pop, and maybe a purple blush.

Before we wrap up, let's get into the things I have bought and will not buy!

I bought a stick foundation from the brand Golden Rose, in the shade #1. I honestly have no idea how this is going to work. I am all out of The Ordinary's Serum foundation, so I thought I would try something very different. At first, I was going to pick something up from Max Factor, but I didn't think I'd find my shade match.

I also picked up a fragrance from Bath and Body Works. I am obsessed with Marshmallow Scents, and Beach Nights Summer Marshmallow seems right up my alley. I am super excited to try this out and to pretend I am at the beach when really it is still March and freezing...

The only recent release I find interesting is Melt's new stack, Baby Girl. It is a red-toned, coral stack with different finishes. I find the bright red/orange/brown mix exciting, but I do think the stacks are way too expensive for me. If I want a bright red, I would probably just look towards getting a single from someplace else.

So that's it- thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig