Saturday, March 10, 2018

Product TMO: Face and Eyes (3)

This is going to be a quick TMO post. I've noticed that I am doing a lot more text posts recently, which I hope is okay for some people. Sometimes it's just a lot easier to describe a product than find a photo and insert it and blah blah blah. It really depends on my mood. Anyway, as always, I write these as I collect information about new product releases. Many times they are things I want to purchase as well, but through the art of the TMO and anti-haul, I point out why a person would not need this in their collection, to ultimately save everyone money.

Let's begin.

The first product I am going to talk about is the Benefit Gold Rush boxed blush. Contrary to what I just said, I kind of have to post a promotional image here:

Where to begin? Now, I am not a packaging or brand snob, but I was shocked to learn that this product is going to be almost $30, based on the packaging alone. It looks like BH Cosmetics. And I say that having purchased and enjoyed BH Cosmetics products. The design of the cake of blush itself is okay, but a bit like crumpled up tinfoil. And that is a tremendous amount of gold overspray. How do I know it's overspray? Because Trendmood posted a swatch comparison of this and the other Benefit boxed blushes, and this appeared to be a lighter Rockateur. Nothing distinctive, just a vaguely peachy reddish color. That's it. This is an easy pass for me because I like blushes that are a little more unique- not ones that try to fool you into thinking they are. Gold Rush? More like Fool's Gold heh.

Next, I am not going to show you the entire line, but just two as examples. TAM Beauty (owners of I <3 Makeup and Makeup Revolution) are coming out with makeup eggs that contain eyeshadows and face powders. Overseas, they are five pounds each. Here, that equates to about $8.00.

Image result for makeup revolution egg eyeshadow easter
Eight dollars is not bad, but shipping is another 8 or 9 dollars. So now I am paying $17, which is definitely not worth it. I know some people can separate shipping from the value of the product, or that they are paying for another product/service, but I can't.

While I think this concept is terribly adorable, and while I was so tempted that I had one of these (the Rose Gold one) in my cart, ready to check out, I couldn't. I just have these colors. And no matter how hard I tried to justify the purchase on the utility of the palette alone, I couldn't. I just think the colors in each egg are so similar, that unless you really like the shade, you're not going to use this product. The amount of repetition was annoying. I also just don't think Makeup Revolution shadows are that great. I've seen swatches of their palettes, including the collaborative SophX palette, and I just was not impressed.

Moving on, the last thing I want to talk about is something I was avoiding a post on because it just seemed rather obvious. I am talking about the Viseart Tryst palette.

First, let's look up the definition of "Tryst." A tryst is a "private, romantic rendezvous between lovers." Ooooh, spicy. What comes to mind are dark, intense colors. Smokey eyes. A more intense, saturated Modern Renaissance, perhaps. What did we get? Basically the Sweet Peach/White Peach palette. Observe:

Image result for sweet peach palette
$49


Image result for white peach palette
$45


Image result for nyx mochi palette
$20

Image result for viseart tryst palette
$49
 I am just annoyed at this point.

If Viseart is the proclaimed upper crust of makeup, than why is it just repeating trends? And for a worse value than what people already have access to? Pass pass pass. 

That's all I got for now! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig