Monday, March 19, 2018

Highlighter Collection Post

I have not updated my inventory for quite a while. I really ought to. But before I do that, I am going to present to you a comprehensive post on my highlighter collection! I was inspired greatly by one of my new favorite youtubers, Nisipisa.

The truth is, I have way too many highlighters. Such is the case. A tale as old as time.

The way this post is going to be organized is by type.

We'll start with highlighters in palettes:

  • The highlighter in the BH Cosmetics Zodiac Palette. I did a post yesterday on this. It is super pigmented and intense. I shudder to think what this would do if you were to wet the brush. Only a teeny bit is necessary to get some gleam, for it can quickly build up and become textured. Overall, I do enjoy this.
  • The six highlighters in the Carli Bybel Deluxe palette. Okay, so I don't feel completely overwhelmed, I don't think of these as highlighters. I find the formula too thick for my liking, so I consider them to be giant eyeshadows...that I barely use 😓
Then we have smaller palettes of highlighters:
  • Milani highlighting palette in Holographic Beams. I really have been using this a lot lately, especially the pink shade. These are iridescent, without being dry or excessively sparkly. I want to hit pan at least in the pink shade, I have decided. 
  • The highlighter in the WnW Fair Trade Coffee trio, which I bought at the suggestion of Miss Kimberly Clark. And though it fades quickly on my more oily days, the highlighter is a bit white and shimmery, but in a way I think is tolerable. I don't really use this very much, as it's more of a memento? Keepsake? Makeup collectible? 
Singles! This is where we get...ahem...crazy
  • Wet 'n Wild Precious Petals. This is a light golden peach highlighter that is a tad too dark, so I use it either as a blush "topper," or mixed with the Mary Lou-manizer. It has that very metallic, "wet," finish.
  • Mary Lou-Manizer by The Balm. First, I bought this at full price, which makes me mad. Second, this is taking forever to pan. As much as I like this pale gold, slightly shimmery, but incredibly intense highlighter, I always seem to forget it is in my collection. 
  • ittse, Hustle and Glow. I love the formula on this one. It is also a pale gold, but highly metallic. 
  • Vanessa's Vanity Sparkler in 6 pm. This is not so much a highlighter as a pressed duchrome body shimmer and I think it is gorgeous. It is a peach reflect with gold and peach shimmers. 
  • Revlon Color Charge in Highlight. One of my more recent purchases. I reviewed this mostly positively, though I think the line is over priced and nothing special. It is a light rose-gold powder. 
  • Milani Strobelight in Afterglow. I used this a lot in the summer, but have since tried other things. It is a pink-toned light powder, highly reflective and metallic. Somewhat emphasizes texture, so a light hand is needed. 
  • Wet 'n Wild Midnight Mermaid highlighting bar. For whatever reason, I can't seem to declutter this. I don't know what I would wear this, but I do like the intense gold sheen. The drawback is the slight grey/green tint to the powder, but that may be your cup of tea. 
  • Colourpop pressed powder highlighter in Here Kitty Kitty. It's a warm champagne-toned highlighter. I bought this because Temptalia actually gave this an A+, and I wanted to see what that was all about. Basically, this is a dupe for Mac's Soft and Gentle. I think. Here Kitty Kitty is highly reflective without showing texture, and lasts a long time, too. I really like it. 
  • Becca, Lilac Geode. I bought this in a moment of weakness, but I don't regret it. It is a gorgeous powder that does not show texture and lasts a long time. It's just barely a duocrhome, a golden sheen with a cool-pink base (? is that the right term). It's just so pretty. 
  • Finally, we have Wet 'n Wild Liquid Highlighter in Halo, Goodbye. Also reviewed on the blog. At first appears to be a pale pink sheen, but is layered with shimmer. I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did. It lasts quite a bit, and does not appear textured- hooray! 

And then we have eyeshadows that I sometimes use as highlighters if I feel like it:

Actually, for now, the color Crown by Coloured Raine is absolutely spellbinding as a highlighter. I was blown away by how good it looked. Crown is an intense white metallic, but clearly with gold and even a hint of pink reflect. 

In total, that brings my count to ..12. Not counting the Carli Bybel highlighters. I simply cannot buy any more highlighters. The ones I am closest to panning? Mary Lou and Hustle and Glo, but even that is going to take me a long while.

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig