Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Lure of the Discount (Nyx)

A long time ago, I anti-hauled the entire Nyx In Your Element line. It was a lot of fun, especially because the backlash was pretty much universal- due to the fact that Nyx was selling them for $30.

But now they're half price on Nyx's website.

Should you still buy it?

Many bloggers, including me at one point, proclaimed that if you wouldn't buy the product at full price, then it being on sale is not a good enough reason to buy it.

But is it that simple?

That is not a talk you in kind of post, at all. But I have learned that sometimes, yeah, I would only buy something if I am getting a discount. Because what if I think that the item is only fairly priced that way?

Hm.

Take the Nyx palettes. No, they were certainly not worth $30. But $15, which is the price range I originally predicted for these palettes, absolutely is. So, if a person was in need of a very specific range of colors, I would not begrudge them at all for thinking the Nyx palettes were a reasonable avenue, now.

The fact is, these look very similar to Colourpop palettes, and I do still feel the palettes suffer from a lot of redundancy, color-wise.

And I realized I ended up purchasing single shadows that basically were inspired by these and the colourpop palettes.

These singles included:
A matte cool pink from Inglot (Air)
A matte purple from Inglot (Air ad Earth)
A matte green from Inglot (Earth)

With this in mind, there is no specific need for me to get these, especially because I slowly am curating a small collection of vibrant, fun mattes, that I will actually use.

But again, do these palettes have potential? Do you have a specific gap in your collection for a specific color range? Then, why not. The discount makes a lot of sense here, because that is what the price should have been in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig