Tuesday, March 20, 2018

March Haul (sort of)

Hello hello!

Today I thought I would do a quick run-down on little things I bought in the last couple of weeks that I plan to provide official reviews on the blog for. Not everything will get an official review, though.

I am calling this a haul but I did not buy this stuff all at once. Oh well.

I felt like I got a lot of skin care this month:

Cerave Lotion PM- As I said before, I really love this!

Soo'ae Avocado Jelly Mask- I bought this when my house lost power during the storm and my family and I stayed a night in a hotel. I didn't bring all my stuff with me, and wanted to get a face mask at Walmart. I've only used this twice, but this reminds me so much of Nickelodeon Slime (tm). It is very heavily fragranced, which concerns me, but the smell is not bad.

The Body Shop Drops of Youth Sleeping Mask- I forget which blogger recommended this, but this damn thing was thirty dollars. I mean. It is very cooling on the skin, and my skin does feel soothed and smoother. It feels like a very Grown Up product, with heavy green glass packaging and everything, but it has the consistency of a very gelatinous pudding. I like it, but I am not going to provide an in-depth review because I don't have the documentation to provide any claims about skin care like this.

St. Ives Cleansing Stick in Cactus Water and Hibiscus- When they announced these a couple of months back, I was excited, thinking it would be more like a balm that I could apply to my face and then rinse off. It turns out, it does not make the cleansing process any faster for me. You still need to wet your face, apply, scrub with your hands, and then rinse off. It is really no different than a standard cleanser, just in stick form. While the novelty and scent is fine, if you already have a tried and true cleanser, there really is no need to try this.

Makeup:

Please see pictures below!

I bought the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair, which is cooler toned. Even though I kept two Maybelline concealers already, I felt that the Better Skin and Age Rewind were better for my face and under-eye, not for spot concealing. I was, still am actually, dealing with a pretty bad hormonal blemish on my forehead, and needed something pigmented enough that would not budge if I set it with powder. The Fit Me Concealer did a great job with that.

Today the Golden Rose Stick Foundation, purchased from Amazon, in the shade 01, arrived in the mail. I have never tried a stick foundation before. It is a really good color match, and I do plan on giving a very in-depth review of this product, especially considering that one can purchase it for only $7.00. Prior to this, I had never heard of the brand before, but it seems to be well-reviewed (and I am talking honest reviews).

Finally, I am so excited that today I found, for $16, the Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette. Even though the palette has been out for quite a while now, I think I can still add my commentary to the conversation because this is my blog and I feel like it. It is such just such an adorable palette and I've already started using it a bit, and I am impressed so far!



Swatches of the two face products. The Golden Rose foundation on top, and the Maybelline concealer on the bottom. 

Okay, thanks for reading. Buh-bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© *:・゚Cosmetically Inclined ・゚:*  
Blogger Templates made by pipdig